+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: O/T Midget gems.

Quote Originally Posted by thaimillerfan View Post
    Midgets have never been offended by the word midget a midget is a person who has what we all have but on a smaller scale Dwarfs are entirely different neithet have took offence in the past .Im sure they are all treat as normal as the rest of us. My mate is a dwarf and he said the people that printed this is small minded he he.
    Gem is a positive word so why would any midget be offended by it?

Quote Originally Posted by Lasterman View Post
    I think this is more about the M&S marketing department than anything else. Did anyone know M&S had an own brand Midget Gem type product before yesterday? Now everyone does.

Do you remember last year when they kicked up a fuss over Colin The Caterpilar and how Aldi were copying them? They issued some preliminary legal procedings, which again oroginated in the marketing department I suspect.

If you want a bunch of free publicity, trigger 'the world has gone mad' nrigade or start a fight with a competitor.

So how about The Millers sectioning off a row of seats where trans supporters can watch without risking abuse? Or accuse Wednesday of spying on our training from the top of Keppels column?

Near halfway line and 8 rows up please.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasterman View Post
    I think this is more about the M&S marketing department than anything else. Did anyone know M&S had an own brand Midget Gem type product before yesterday? Now everyone does.

Do you remember last year when they kicked up a fuss over Colin The Caterpilar and how Aldi were copying them? They issued some preliminary legal procedings, which again oroginated in the marketing department I suspect.

If you want a bunch of free publicity, trigger 'the world has gone mad' nrigade or start a fight with a competitor.

So how about The Millers sectioning off a row of seats where trans supporters can watch without risking abuse? Or accuse Wednesday of spying on our training from the top of Keppels column?
    Exactly, every supermarket has a caterplillar style cake. Aldi have been taking pee out of M&S adverts, so they suddenly take offence at a catterpillar cake (albiet it did look the most like colin).
    Attachment 20758

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    at least it was footie and not hockey - years ago a mate of mine who played as a hockey stopper had his protective box smashed by stopping a fierce shot at point blank range - feck knows what it would've happened to him without it...
    He would would have become a she, with a Russian surname of Bo**ockov

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Dwarf and dwarfism is a well known feature in agriculture

For example

https://www.rhs.org.uk/fruit/fruit-trees/rootstocks
    when working the firm I worked for supplied " Gem Dressing " for golf courses, for the greens,
    which I mixed using top soil / washed building sand -= Gem Turf dressing, & soil / grit sand =
    Gem Swardsman dressing, heat treated [diesel firing] then on a 2mm meshe screening.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Academia is infested with such types as her.

Cosy in a Uni, incapable of getting a proper job
    Does Liverpool Hope University qualify as "academia"?

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Does Liverpool Hope University qualify as "academia"?
    Good point, more like abandon hope university

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    Exactly, every supermarket has a caterplillar style cake. Aldi have been taking pee out of M&S adverts, so they suddenly take offence at a catterpillar cake (albiet it did look the most like colin).
    Attachment 20758
    Those are some funny looking faces. Looks like the stangest ID parade ever.

M&S are suing Aldi for allegedly copying their clementine gin liqueur with the light-up bottle too.

Wonder what shortbread will be named this time next year.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789