+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boris Must Go

Boris Must Go

Can see his days being numbered now! Lying, cheating and supping wine whilst others are in lock down and burying the dead will course huge resentment!

On this one - I can see why the anger is strong! You can’t have one rule for one and not the other!

I see the Met seem quiet and the Dick won’t want to shop her chum when he stuck up for her!

Resentment is a strong thing - same applies you can’t let in 30,000 illegals then many of our own elderly will freeze to death with huge increases coming with energy bills. Looking after your own whether it’s your family or your citizens should be priority!

I'm afraid that you are correct al. While I've been reasonably supportive of him in the past I'm finding it difficult now to reconcile myself to all these recent revelations. The problem is, who would you replace him with? People's trust in all politicians, no matter which party they represent, is at an all time low. To my mind there is no obvious candidate but like you I feel that his days are numbered.

I think that he’s done for this time, whichever path he takes it will be shown that he lied and if he lied to Parliament, then he’s definitely a goner. Who will the Tories replace him with, though? The two leading candidates are Rishi Sunak or Liz Truss. I have a sneaky fee that it would be Ms Truss!

Well, any future Downing St. parties won’t be short of cheese or pork!

Our friend 123 has been strangely absent for a while now, no doubt this will pique his interest.

Yes, I said the same to my missus today, it’s all over for Boris, too many stupid lies rather than hold his hands up and take some flack.

If Sunak wants the job he’s going to need to completely re-look at his taxation plans though, he’s never going to get party support with the plans he has in place.

Corporation Tax is going to kill his campaign for starters.

Truss is another Tory female I can’t get a hard on for.

Pity Caroline Flint is Labour, I could bang her like an old bass drum for hours on end!

Sure when he use to write articles for media he use just write inaccuracies.
    I think he lies about facts because mostly he knows it will be accepted and facts can always be manipulated. Some people are very good at manipulating facts.
    Globally, there are very very few politicians of any noble worth...Having Mr Johnstone as PM probably says alot about the state the UK is in presently...
    If he was/is an honourable man he should resign.....

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    I'm afraid that you are correct al. While I've been reasonably supportive of him in the past I'm finding it difficult now to reconcile myself to all these recent revelations. The problem is, who would you replace him with? People's trust in all politicians, no matter which party they represent, is at an all time low. To my mind there is no obvious candidate but like you I feel that his days are numbered.
    Totally agree with your sentiments Leics. I was pleased that Boris got Brexit through but since then he has constantly shot himself in the foot. I think his time is up now and maybe Rishi should take the reins. I can't understand why the Labour Party are trying to get Boris removed because all the time he keeps putting his foot in it, the more chance of Rayner and Co getting in through the back door. Be careful what you wish for!

I think 123 probably feels fed up of coming on here to tell us about Boris and the tory party in general. He’s been mostly (if not all) rightly critical of them.

I’ve tried to like Boris and given him the benefit of doubt since he got elected, but there’s too much of the c rap and lies coming from him and I don’t know what is worse.. going to war in Iraq (Blair) or blatantly telling lies after lies to your own people who had those close ones sick and then partying secretly. Something sickening about this sort of behaviour.

That said, I blame our media for all of this for many reasons. They sold us Boris, now they are dismantling him. They have to accountable too.
    Boris should have gone before, let alone the recent revelations.

Will we all learn to never vote a buffoon in again? I doubt that very much.

There are few guarantees in life but three things are for certain.

1. It's going to take a seriously concerted effort on Labour's part to lose yet another election.

2. They will at some point endeavour to do so, it's just what they do.

3. The Tory Party will drop Boris like a hot stone if they feel they have a more viable candidate to help them retain power.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post

1. It's going to take a seriously concerted effort on Labour's part to lose yet another election.

3. The Tory Party will drop Boris like a hot stone if they feel they have a more viable candidate to help them retain power.

It was ever thus with the Tory’s 68.

They don’t blink when it comes to knifing a failing leader, it’s their strength and a particular weakness with Labour.

I will predict here and now that Boris will be gone sooner rather than later, probably once they feel all of the “Partygate” stuff has been exhausted and any other egregious errors brought to light.

He may be “allowed” to be a sitting duck for a while and to wallow in his own s h I t whilst they clean house.

Then probably by Annual Conference time Mr Sunak will take over......having had time to “rethink” his draconian “anti Tory” taxation plans .

The first U.K. party to have a leader of Asian heritage who is young, can speak well and can clearly show that in the main, he was there with the cash in the country’s hour of need during Covid........well, how do Labour trump that heady mixture?

I do think Sunak got some things wrong, not helping the recently self employed was a big mistake that would’ve cost very little to rectify.

But all in all, he’s proved to be a very steady and serious set of hands.

Boris is now just a sitting duck, it’s just a matter of “when” and not “if” for him.

The 1922 committee always “get” their man when the time suits.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post

"2. They will at some point endeavour to do so, it's just what they do."

They managed it in less than half a day 68 :-))

Dodgy Chinese money!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)