+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So Lack of Activity in transfer market & Westminster in disarray.

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    People undertaking a loss of civil liberties role in society may be forced into exile due to threat, persecution or a host of reason.

I chose to live in comfortable exile and as such am a social exile, one of many people who have been excluded from the mainstream society. In my case Sectioned twice by English law with a wrong diagnosis, had forced medication forced into me, left addicted to it, discharged on second legal Court hearing appeal, left labelled UK vulnerable adult, unemployable, no Mental Health support & no future. Luckily awarded some damages out of court. Suppose I'm lucky.

An asylum seeker is someone who claims to be a refugee but whose claim hasn't been evaluated. Someone is an asylum seeker for so long as their application is pending. So not every asylum seeker will be recognised as a refugee, but every refugee is initially an asylum seeker.

Both my parents came from parents lineage forced to leave countries of birth. Race, Ethnicity & Religious hostile persecution was a common link, sadly. They'll say they're lucky.

I've visited the Balkans, know Serbia & Croatia well & it's history, I've also been across to the beautiful Emerald Isles & feel part of all three countries. I'm very lucky.

I express honest, balanced views & have Schizophrenia Mr WTF.

So I guess I'm real lucky, alive & kicking mate !

Nothing further to add to your drunken rants - move along now please.

ALAW
    So, you "chose to live in comfortable exile", so you're NOT an exile, you're an economic migrant, just like the thousands of folks from various parts of the middle east who would like to come to these shores for "a better life".

Your medical trials and tribulations are well known, and I'm sorry you were misdiagnosed etc, but the same can be said for many people, they haven't all been able to get financial recompense, nor to move abroad to live in "comfortable exile" as you put it, so yes, in that sense you are VERY lucky.

I have no idea what the relevance of your travels have to this thread, nor the fact that you feel "part of" Serbia, Croatia, and Ireland. It does seem however that you feel nothing for this country (by which I mean the United Kingdom). I could wax lyrical about my lineage, but why should I, what relevance does it have to posting on Footymad, (just like what relevance does my identity have, or why you persist in asking despite not doing so with other posters?)?

I presume that as you assert that your views are "honest" and "balanced", those I express are not? If that's not what you mean, why the reference to the type of views you post? And I (and all those who post here) know you have schizophrenia, again, of what relevance is that?

"Nothing further to add to your drunken rants, move along now please"..........., so that's an example of your "honest" and "balanced" views is it? Didn't see you looking in my window and (at least as far as I know) there aren't any hidden cameras in the place, so how would you know whether I was drunk, tired, not using my reading glasses, or just couldn't be arsed to correct the spelling mistakes when I post using my phone?

Piece of advice, take it or leave it.....restrict your observations to those that relate to LUFC, or football in general, as opposed to commenting on matters that as an economic migrant now resident outside these shores, you have no right to.

How about closing this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastAndy View Post
    How about closing this thread.
    Don't know why it was started, so closure is fine by me.

The original post contained plenty of pertinent and relevant facts relating to transfers, especially in relation to Leeds United and their activity (or lack thereof) in the wider football market.

Closing and closure are two distinct concepts...

I think it's a great discussion topic that will affect Leeds as well as all of the FA teams in one way or another.

Got sideways but still a good topic and one that makes you think looking forward and how Leeds can proactively manage the post brexit world. I think the Brits will do very well after some short term pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post
    The original post contained plenty of pertinent and relevant facts relating to transfers, especially in relation to Leeds United and their activity (or lack thereof) in the wider football market.

Closing and closure are two distinct concepts...
    100% agree - I found it interesting until one poster couldn’t resist repeatedly attacking MT. The replies just smacked of ***ist bullying.

It also seems said poster needs two attempts to reply to each single post of MT - hope new keyboards are in the January sales as the existing keys must have taken a lot of wear and tear.

WTF why do you just insult people as a default - it’s so boring.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    This is a tough issue. Both for football and for the country.

I think I have to address the Brexit issue first. As a yank I never understood why you gave up your sovereignty and turned it over to an unelected bunch of bureaucrats in Brussels. It can benefit the strongest of the countries in this consortium of which the Brits are one of them. all you do it subsidize the weak countries. The "ease of moving around" seems to be more than offset by ending up supporting countries that refuse to run themselves properly. Those countries weren't willing to do what was necessary to get their finances in order. Adding a centralized command and control always means that someone gives up control and turns it over to another board in another country. Just my two cents.

However, If it does indeed play out and you tighten up the borders to commerce to some degree it would seem to benefit teams that develop their own players. Leeds seems to be pretty good at that. It's a longer term outlook but would seem to add some parity to the EPL?
    The reasons behind Brexit could fill a whole library I suspect - the sadness of Brexit was that there was no proper discourse or debate on either side and towards the end it felt like a vehicle for certain individuals to fulfil political ambitions. It still remains a polarising topic across many different dividing lines.

The whole referendum and fall out was sad irrespective of which side of the fence you sit.

The original ideas behind the EU were pretty sound but the problems arose around the seemingly federalist ambitions of a few - some unelected and not very accountable - and the general disconnect between Brussels and the ordinary man.

For all that it did many good things too not least acting as a brake on some of the more extreme things some governments tried to do.

It also levelled up some of the poorer EU countries and helped them modernism which personally I think is a decent thing too.

I'm not sure how far this has ever seriously been considered here in the USA, but there have been vaguely similar low level murmurings to do a Brexit here too.

California could almost certainly stand on its own two feet and, though it seems to be full of nutters (a different species of nut to those in California, anyway!), I'm guessing many in Texas would seriously like to like to secede and have a go on their own too.

That would be messy for the rest of the USA, which would likely lean more to the right, especially if only California left.

As with the EU, the countries/dominions/locations looking to actively join the USA (most notably Puerto Rico?) skew towards the poorer (financially, anyway) end of the spectrum.

Be careful what you wish for, people!

Much of the world in the last 10 years seems to focus on what divides us and individuality as opposed to focuses on what common causes we have and what binds us together.

Read a book in lockdown called Tribe which is an easy read but super interesting.

Diversity programmes are great and have much to offer but don’t tend to focus on things that we have in common irrespective of race, creed, colour or religion. Maybe that will become the new grey in 2022.

It is good to celebrate difference but not at the exclusion of finding and celebrating what we have in common. That narrative might make it harder for the charlatans out there too.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    100% agree - I found it interesting until one poster couldn’t resist repeatedly attacking MT. The replies just smacked of ***ist bullying.

It also seems said poster needs two attempts to reply to each single post of MT - hope new keyboards are in the January sales as the existing keys must have taken a lot of wear and tear.

WTF why do you just insult people as a default - it’s so boring.
    There may have been "pertinent" content in the original post, but why this........

"Conclusion for me personally ?

Like many, my memory of morning 24th June 2016 when I woke up in a Psychiatric Hospital to find out the result of the EU Referendum is still raw for me. It was like being punched in the stomach. I remember not believing it was real, the pain, the anger, the bitterness & tears. I also took the decision by the UK to exit the EU as a betrayal. I am the daughter of a European idealist & I’ve always firmly believed in a united and coherent Europe, my family-history demands this inherent stance.

Now, like many British exiles [15,000 in Brittany-region of France where I live] we can now all watch the shenanigans in Westminster from the comfort of our sofas in Europe - it's as if we're all watching those old BBC tv series House of Cards & Yes Minister, pretty embarrassing really to have a English accent currently in Europe, very sad state of affairs of which I sincerely hope my team can rise above all - as they're my last family-loyalty link to a country I was born in."

Hmmm???????

And the comment about my post being a "drunken rant", of course that's clearly 100% factual, given that she knew exactly my condition/state of mind when she wrote it? She isn't royalty, she is fallible, and why she gets such an easy ride is beyond me (and she most certainly ISN'T the only one who posts here who has emotional and mental health issues, WE ALL DO, just that most of us don't bring them here.

Questioning the womans bona fides as an exile isn't "attacking" or insulting anyone or anything, its QUESTIONING! Try finding anything in that post, or in others where you accuse me of attacking or insulting, where that is so, please, try.

Oh and your remark regarding keyboards, side-splittingly funny.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)