+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So Lack of Activity in transfer market & Westminster in disarray.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    There may have been "pertinent" content in the original post, but why this........

"Conclusion for me personally ?

Like many, my memory of morning 24th June 2016 when I woke up in a Psychiatric Hospital to find out the result of the EU Referendum is still raw for me. It was like being punched in the stomach. I remember not believing it was real, the pain, the anger, the bitterness & tears. I also took the decision by the UK to exit the EU as a betrayal. I am the daughter of a European idealist & I’ve always firmly believed in a united and coherent Europe, my family-history demands this inherent stance.

Now, like many British exiles [15,000 in Brittany-region of France where I live] we can now all watch the shenanigans in Westminster from the comfort of our sofas in Europe - it's as if we're all watching those old BBC tv series House of Cards & Yes Minister, pretty embarrassing really to have a English accent currently in Europe, very sad state of affairs of which I sincerely hope my team can rise above all - as they're my last family-loyalty link to a country I was born in."

Hmmm???????

And the comment about my post being a "drunken rant", of course that's clearly 100% factual, given that she knew exactly my condition/state of mind when she wrote it? She isn't royalty, she is fallible, and why she gets such an easy ride is beyond me (and she most certainly ISN'T the only one who posts here who has emotional and mental health issues, WE ALL DO, just that most of us don't bring them here.

Questioning the womans bona fides as an exile isn't "attacking" or insulting anyone or anything, its QUESTIONING! Try finding anything in that post, or in others where you accuse me of attacking or insulting, where that is so, please, try.

Oh and your remark regarding keyboards, side-splittingly funny.
    Tone, frequency or content can all in their own way amount to bullying. You constantly attack anything MT posts and often infer or directly say it is irrelevant or pointless. You don’t do that with the same frequency to anyone else ergo to me it comes across as bullying.

Keep posting as you like but don’t be surprised if you get called out for it. Ever since you cried and bleated that Orgs should be removed as a mod due to what appeared to a very sensible comment to many of the rest of us I do find your double standards a little hypocritical but also mildly amusing.

History would suggest nothing will stop you from bashing those keys and attacking people on here though - oh what a fearsome internet warrior you are.

Not sure you have ever actually been to Leeds tbh and ALAW - do me a favour Arthur.

I thought Brexit would have cut down on the European style diving, feigning injury and cheating, but obviously not. 😎

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    I thought Brexit would have cut down on the European style diving, feigning injury and cheating, but obviously not. ��
    I know it's in jest but there was a time that comment would have been very true. Unfortunately, long gone. some of the biggest flopping patsies are Brits. Grealish, Rice, Kane and Vardy to name a few. Bamford's not exactly the most stable player either.

One thing I love about Kalvin. He won't ever be associated with flopping. If he ever leaves us he'll have to be taught how to flop or he won't be able to play on Chelski, Lpool or Citeh.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Tone, frequency or content can all in their own way amount to bullying. You constantly attack anything MT posts and often infer or directly say it is irrelevant or pointless. You don’t do that with the same frequency to anyone else ergo to me it comes across as bullying.

Keep posting as you like but don’t be surprised if you get called out for it. Ever since you cried and bleated that Orgs should be removed as a mod due to what appeared to a very sensible comment to many of the rest of us I do find your double standards a little hypocritical but also mildly amusing.

History would suggest nothing will stop you from bashing those keys and attacking people on here though - oh what a fearsome internet warrior you are.

Not sure you have ever actually been to Leeds tbh and ALAW - do me a favour Arthur.
    So, having ben asked to comment on the completely irrelevant observations regarding how she felt when the Brxit vote was announced etc, you choose instead to interpret how often, what I write or its "tone" (FFS!) etc as "bullying". She isn't so thin skinned, neither is her mother, ans as per the "drunken rant" slur, is quite capable of dishing out insults of her own, which again you conveniently ignore. I mean, just what are you, or what are you trying to be, some kind of latter-day knight in shining armour, seeking to defend the ladys honour?

As for the Orgoner saga, it's you who keeps dragging it up, and as I've been posting for over 10 years, I can't for the life of me see why? (BTW, "sensible comment", care to go back and see the context and then defend that observation).

(Edited by moderator - do this again and you’ll be having a rest. Okay?)
    Last edited by Orgoner; 14-01-2022 at 08:45 PM. Reason: You know why

Enough already!!

Crossing the line from disagreeing to disagreeable.

I’m getting bored with this and it needs to stop. One way or another.

Don’t think anyone should be banned.
    Just take a chill pill and stop posting on this thread.
    There’ll be another one along soon anyway.
    Last edited by Billyni; 14-01-2022 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Don’t think anyone should be banned.
    Just take a chill pill and stop posting on this thread.
    There’ll be another one along soon anyway.
    That’s part of the problem.

We shall see…

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post
    I'm not sure how far this has ever seriously been considered here in the USA, but there have been vaguely similar low level murmurings to do a Brexit here too.

California could almost certainly stand on its own two feet and, though it seems to be full of nutters (a different species of nut to those in California, anyway!), I'm guessing many in Texas would seriously like to like to secede and have a go on their own too.

That would be messy for the rest of the USA, which would likely lean more to the right, especially if only California left.

As with the EU, the countries/dominions/locations looking to actively join the USA (most notably Puerto Rico?) skew towards the poorer (financially, anyway) end of the spectrum.

Be careful what you wish for, people!
    thought it was considered in the 1860s?

bizarrely i find myself agreeing with most of what WTF says, and i dont even live in the UK.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)