+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Woodrow will not be sold

So Woodrow has had major serious surgery on his shorts has he, in the hope of never having to fiddle with them again while the game just passes him by. 😕

Seriously, I actually don't think we've been any worse without him and it saddens me to have to think that.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    So Woodrow has had major serious surgery on his shorts has he, in the hope of never having to fiddle with them again while the game just passes him by. ��

Seriously, I actually don't think we've been any worse without him and it saddens me to have to think that.
    I take it you did not watch the West Brom game or the first 60 minutes against Barrow until Morris came on then Acido .

His current form is appalling, theres no way of avoiding that, and this has been going on for too long now.
    So would he have made any difference whatsoever in those games you mentioned ?.
    As long as fans don't go too far and get nasty towards players, I think we're entitled to think that.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    His current form is appalling, theres no way of avoiding that, and this has been going on for too long now.
    So would he have made any difference whatsoever in those games you mentioned ?.
    As long as fans don't go too far and get nasty towards players, I think we're entitled to think that.
    We have scored 16 goals all season from the entire squad & Woodrow is our top scorer but we need to be thinking about next season & I genuinely think that Woodrow & Morris would given the right service be as good as any in the league , one thing is certain , Victor , Iseka & Obi are not in the same class as Morris & Woodrow . Regarding the the Barrow match , our forwards were pathetic until Morris came on & started to work the channels & stretch their defence so yes I think a fit Woodrow would have made a difference as did Morris .

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    We have scored 16 goals all season from the entire squad & Woodrow is our top scorer but we need to be thinking about next season & I genuinely think that Woodrow & Morris would given the right service be as good as any in the league , one thing is certain , Victor , Iseka & Obi are not in the same class as Morris & Woodrow . Regarding the the Barrow match , our forwards were pathetic until Morris came on & started to work the channels & stretch their defence so yes I think a fit Woodrow would have made a difference as did Morris .
    For what it's worth Shad I can't see Morris or Woodrow here next season both with their own career aspirations and the fact both are saleable assets .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    For what it's worth Shad I can't see Morris or Woodrow here next season both with their own career aspirations and the fact both are saleable assets .
    Your possibly right Animal which kind of backs up what I am saying, clubs will only come with cash for our better players & there would be no shortage of buyers for those two , I can never understand why some of our fans want to move our better players on but hey ho it is all about opinions .

You only have to look back at last season , and the early part of this season , when both are in the side we look far better and dangerous , they play well off each other, I'm not bothered about shorts being fiddled with , moaning at Refs etc, it happens in every game , if these 2 stay ? Then that's a plus , they will get some goals between them , however we are currently being run by a bunch of nomarks, ,the first £€£€ offer will be aaccepted and we lose probably the best strike partnership since God knows when ?

Your possibly right Animal which kind of backs up what I am saying, clubs will only come with cash for our better players & there would be no shortage of buyers for those two , I can never understand why some of our fans want to move our better players on but hey ho it is all about opinions .
    I'm happy for them to both stay , I say that hoping Woodrow can get his mojo back .

However I'm seriously worried about our finances I have to say .

My thinking is more about the club surviving than anything else right now .

Name GoalsGL AssistsA PlayedP Goals per 90 Mins per GoalMPG Goal Conversion Shot Accuracy
    Cauley WoodrowWoodrow
    4 1 23 0.18 509 8% 53%
    Carlton MorrisMorris
    4 0 10 0.49 184 24% 35%
    Aaron Leya IsekaLeya Iseka
    3 0 18 0.27 327 25% 50%
    Devante ColeCole
    2 1 14 0.28 318 18% 45%
    Victor AdeboyejoAdeboyejo
    2 0 20 0.25 359 20% 70%

Joint top scorer - vic has a better goals to minutes ratio than Woodrow , oh as does every other forward (oulare not included)
    As they say, stats don’t lie

We looked the same as always upfront against barrow . The only difference for CW is that he would’ve been against players who he is slightly better than as I’ll say it again, he’s a L1 player. He will get 12-15 in L1 next season up to Christmas and be sold in January 23 if the current owners are at the helm

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post
    Name GoalsGL AssistsA PlayedP Goals per 90 Mins per GoalMPG Goal Conversion Shot Accuracy
    Cauley WoodrowWoodrow
    4 1 23 0.18 509 8% 53%
    Carlton MorrisMorris
    4 0 10 0.49 184 24% 35%
    Aaron Leya IsekaLeya Iseka
    3 0 18 0.27 327 25% 50%
    Devante ColeCole
    2 1 14 0.28 318 18% 45%
    Victor AdeboyejoAdeboyejo
    2 0 20 0.25 359 20% 70%

Joint top scorer - vic has a better goals to minutes ratio than Woodrow , oh as does every other forward (oulare not included)
    As they say, stats don’t lie

We looked the same as always upfront against barrow . The only difference for CW is that he would’ve been against players who he is slightly better than as I’ll say it again, he’s a L1 player. He will get 12-15 in L1 next season up to Christmas and be sold in January 23 if the current owners are at the helm
    My theory is his move broke down to wba. Board thought we’re going down, get him his treatment now and righten him in readiness for L1. In the meantime we have a space in the starting 11 to unearth another ‘gem’

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast