+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Woodrow will not be sold

Woodrow will not be sold

Well not in this window.

CAULEY Woodrow had surgery on Wednesday and Barnsley will take his recovery ‘month by month’ says Poya Asbaghi> Knee surgery.

This cannot be true though can it, because according to one or two there is nothing wrong with him , he is feigning injury because of his transfer which again according to some was a done deal , my word this has come as a shock , he is genuinely injured ! I wonder about Helick , just that the same has been said about him , he has gone already according to some or he is not being played because we do not want to risk injury before his sale , we will see , I really am going to have to stop reading Twitter & Facebook .

Unfortunately it's not good news though. Knee surgery and taking it month by month suggests he may not be playing for some time.

That's normally when we sign em !! Owt wia crutch is arrs,

He'll come back refreshed.

It’s terrible news for Woodrow and for Barnsley.
    There was chance for Woodrow to start afresh at a new club and progress his career.
    And there was a chance of Barnsley getting some decent money for him - that can be ploughed back into the squad.

We have looked better without him!

Asbaghi saying in the Yorkshire Post that players brought in (assumably to replace Woodrow) will be young and cheap cos we haven’t got the budget.

I’d say - if we ain’t got the budget now - if we can’t find money when stuck in such a disastrous position - and we don’t sign proven players - then relegation will surely beckon - and as a consequence ST sales will plummet like a stone next season.
    Resulting in the budget being a fraction of what it is this season.

So if we can only sign more young cheap players right now - then what will we be able to afford next season.
    16 year olds on £250 per week !?!?!

Bringing in more young cheap players makes no business sense to me whatsoever.
    Surely a club in our position should be looking at short term loans for three experienced proven players.
    Just 3 loans FFS !!!
    That’s all it needs to give the club a chance.
    And of them 3 I would have 1 midfielder and 2 target strikers.
    Last edited by Young_Nudger; 14-01-2022 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Asbaghi saying in the Yorkshire Post that players brought in (assumably to replace Woodrow) will be young and cheap cos we haven’t got the budget.

I’d say - if we ain’t got the budget now - if we can’t find money when stuck in such a disastrous position - and we don’t sign proven players - then relegation will surely beckon - and as a consequence ST sales will plummet like a stone next season.

So if we can only sign more young cheap players right now - then what will we be able to afford next season.

Surely a club in our position should be looking at short term loans for three experienced proven players.
    Just 3 loans FFS !!!
    Nudge wakes from his slumber .

Until the next forum with Kahlad mind !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post

Just 3 loans FFS !!!
    Any striker brought in now will not be brought in to replace Woodrow , he is stopping until at least the summer & hopefully beyond that, Woodrow & Morris would be as good as you can get for division one , A striker brought in no will hopefully be replacing Frieser , Victor or Obi , I would like them to go for a striker on loan from the premier league as we are obviously not going to splash the cash required to bring in a quality player, this is the only avenue where we can do it .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast