+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Andy Carrol

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    I am surprised at this question BT. Carroll is a red card waiting to happen, although he could be considered a Dyche type player. Defoe has been a good striker with the emphasis on HAS BEEN. Both would be a waste of a wage we cannot afford.

So I would say NO to both.
    Exactly Vintage - if we’re pinning our hopes on survival with signings like that we’re really are deluded and its rotten top to bottom .

The only thing that this would confirm to me is that we really are going to continue with hoof ball tactics - I accept we cannot change everything all at once but my question would be why waste the time - money on dead wood when we could be investing in players for our future if / when relegated.

I’ve said before and I’ll say again it won’t change under Dyche - limitations yes because of what’s available to him at any time and if we got younger fitter players in we could maybe survive a few season again at this level, but I have to say from my perspective it’s boring watching us hanging on every game we play - creating very little - not even shots on goal in games.

Reality is we are a championship club batting above our station so championship we must go until we rebuild or clear out an awful lot of hangers on - footballs evolving all the time unfortunately we are not.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    Exactly Vintage - if we’re pinning our hopes on survival with signings like that we’re really are deluded and its rotten top to bottom .

The only thing that this would confirm to me is that we really are going to continue with hoof ball tactics - I accept we cannot change everything all at once but my question would be why waste the time - money on dead wood when we could be investing in players for our future if / when relegated.

I’ve said before and I’ll say again it won’t change under Dyche - limitations yes because of what’s available to him at any time and if we got younger fitter players in we could maybe survive a few season again at this level, but I have to say from my perspective it’s boring watching us hanging on every game we play - creating very little - not even shots on goal in games.

Reality is we are a championship club batting above our station so championship we must go until we rebuild or clear out an awful lot of hangers on - footballs evolving all the time unfortunately we are not.
    Do you think we should get shut of Dyche army88?

If your asking me honestly BT yes , because we’re in a rut and the fear factor is in - can you honestly justify how we have played last 2/3 seasons.

There are many arguments for and against because as I’ve posted many times we owe the man everything for where the club is and what it’s achieved - however imo anyway he’s going to end up tarnishing his career at a club that loves him.
    At the end of the day the book stops with the man in charge - recruitment- style of play - action / reaction - formation etc etc.

We simply are not competitive at this level and we will continue to get beaten and struggle week on week, the thing about 10 years in charge is maybe if he’s honest you become comfortable in your position - in a results based business that can never be allowed.

I have to agree with Army88, I cannot see our style of football improving under Sean Dyche. Hopefully the impact of Chris Wood unexpectedly leaving may show him that he should question his loyalty to out of form players when that loyalty is not returned.

I do not blame Chris Wood for leaving as his first concern must be to his own future and at Burnley he was expected to be our single target man as well as coming back to defend set pieces.

In our premier league performances I have never been a fan of Dyche's tactic, but give him credit for keeping us in the premier league. However over the last two seasons we have been poor in both performances and results but Dyche has failed to react. He is known for his preferences of experience premier league players (those in the twilight of their careers) and reluctant to give our younger players game time even when on the very odd occasion when we have had a commanding lead in the game.

It is my belief that Sean Dyche has to change or he must go, but I cannot see either of those two things happening.

We will just have to sit there and watch the Dyche-ball being served up.
    Last edited by Vintage Claret; 14-01-2022 at 02:14 PM.

I have been Sean's biggest fan, but I agree with VC and Army, his time is up. He's in charge and the buck stops with him, he was not slow to let it be known that he was not happy with the lack of funding provided by the previous owners, but new owners have come in and the playing side is still seriously underfunded, but from Sean, not a peep, so I can only assume he is happy with the way the club is being run and the direction of travel.

It's my opinion that the new owners will destroy the club, it took a long time to find buyers as a PL club, who will want to buy an impoverished Championship or D1 club when ALK bail out, because that's where we'll be when they do ? No one, that's who.

It has nothing to do with hoofball, tactics, substitutions, I don't believe any manager will do better on the playing side, but Sean, by his silence, is complicit in the downward path our new owners have set us upon, he's as guilty as them, so he can go for me.

Of course, if we win our next game, I may have to revise the above, but that's where I stand at the moment.

Sean Dyche is the main ingredient at Turf Moor. Be careful what you wish for, he can only put out a Team with the Players he has available. We are not in the same league financially as many Teams in this league. We can't pay top fees or pay the wages of other Clubs in this league therefore we are never going to attract top Players. I can't think of any Manager in the World who would do a better job than what Sean has done and continues to do. If anyone can name a Manager that can do a better job than Sean with the squad currently available at Turf Moor please list them below.

Trippier's agent blindsided Dyche and Pace and according to my one reliable inside "source," Dyche is apocalyptic with Wood.

I like Pace and with Dave Baldwin still offering guidance we are in with a chance.

NUFC have just outmanoeuvred us and Wood has done the dirty.

Who knows, the players we have left might be galvanised, develop a siege mentality and pull their tripe out in every remaining game.

Fingers crossed.

We can read the facts ''Burnley are averaging just 39.6% possession.'' If I know this, the manager also knows it, so why play Dyce ball?(hoof ball) We are each week playing this style 'boot it upfield,' hoping to score. If the ball is aimed somewhere for what has been for our striker Woods, to create 'something with it' I am lost for words! Every opponent knows our style. It's then problem solved before the game starts . I would hate to be in that strikers shoes, (yes I have played in that position) What can you do with a ball floated ,over the Himalayas and somehow reaches you ,plus each time at least two centre backs, challenge you to that aerial ball? Shoulder to shoulder dog fight? Is it easier to say here we loose that possession 75% - 80% of the time? Then if a forward does manage to head the ball towards one of our team players, is that ball controlled ,or is it bouncing at him, or does he have to chase that ball also with a defender on him, yet another dog fight? I would be ashamed to say I am a manager playing this type of football. It does happen ,once twice, three times etc in a game . But panic football from defenders 'boot upfield', plus goal kicks ,'boot upfield'?? Its no wonder Woods has not scored many goals this season ,if he has been the target man for Burnley's style , and again just 39% possession we have. Dyce can not change his style, perhaps he still believes, 'it works for him'? It will not change, players have to play a new style of possession football, and that means to start on the training field, to do it, and repeat it over and over again till all is successful, and that takes time.
    If we had a treasure chest ,like some teams have? It could happen we stay in this division, but its dark at the end of the tunnel, now! Sad, but that is life, sometimes you win sometimes you loose. ..... and life is a struggle!

If we go down, it will not be the end of the world. We need to re-build. We have brought in Cornet, Collins, Roberts. There is speculation that we are trying to bring a creative midfielder from Lens. We should cash in on McNeil who is failing to live up to his early promise. Pope can go too, he is not that special. Similarly, Tarks does not want to be with us, so get some money for him.

Bring in hungry, younger players who want to play football, not Dycheball.

If Dyche and Woan are as good as they think they are, surely their coaching skills will come to the fore with young talent?

Hasn’t Dyche got a track record for improving players, and subsequently making them better long term. Plus ,in the past, he”s always been capable of getting the best out of what he has to work with.Who is to say, with our backs against the wall, he can’t do the same again this time. I feel sure there will be one or two twists and turns before the deadline arrives in a little over two weeks time. I cannot believe that anyone connected with management at our club ,wants us to be relegated. This season is not over by a long way, but reading all the messages on here, you would think the opposite.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)