+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Andy Carrol

Andy Carrol

Believe it or not, A Carroll it seems is now being mentioned as a short term option!

Mail reports he is under consideration by Dyche after training and proving his fitness with Reading.
    He is of course available for nothing.
    Imagine him and Lennon combined age 66 lining up together,you couldn't make it up!

Quote Originally Posted by DownThePlughole66 View Post
    Believe it or not, A Carroll it seems is now being mentioned as a short term option!

Mail reports he is under consideration by Dyche after training and proving his fitness with Reading.
    He is of course available for nothing.
    Imagine him and Lennon combined age 66 lining up together,you couldn't make it up!
    Could we not get Defoe in as well, play 4-3-3 with him and Lennon either side of Andy ? We could get some early leads, before our opponents pull themselves together and stop laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Could we not get Defoe in as well, play 4-3-3 with him and Lennon either side of Andy ? We could get some early leads, before our opponents pull themselves together and stop laughing.
    Damn-I forgot all about Defoe Sinkov-we could also bring back Brady (cooling his heels on Bournemouth's bench)-Brady on the left and Gudjonsonn on the right.
    10 minutes of devastating attacking skills-at the moment it isn't just our opponents who will be laughing but the footballing public too!

Honestly, I don't know whether to laugh or cry...

Attachment 20755

I'll bet Dyche is not laughing right now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Honestly, I don't know whether to laugh or cry...
    I've gone through the whole range BT, from hope, frustration, despair, annoyance, anger, and now the situation has gone so far beyond bizarre, with their apparent annoyance at Chris Wood and Newcastle, the rumours about signing Carroll and Defoe, that I'm out the other side, I've given up, I'm convinced we're well and truly fecked, and I'm starting to find the situation hilarious, they're just making me laugh now.

The only alternative is not to laugh.

Steve Kindon's only 71, he's probably still got more pace than those mentioned.

Serious question guys, are Carroll and Defoe really a lot worst option than Vydra and Wood?

I am surprised at this question BT. Carroll is a red card waiting to happen, although he could be considered a Dyche type player. Defoe has been a good striker with the emphasis on HAS BEEN. Both would be a waste of a wage we cannot afford.

So I would say NO to both.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    I am surprised at this question BT. Carroll is a red card waiting to happen, although he could be considered a Dyche type player. Defoe has been a good striker with the emphasis on HAS BEEN. Both would be a waste of a wage we cannot afford.

So I would say NO to both.
    SD is a sucker for "oldies" V_C - remember Crouch & Walters?

BT how could I forget such terrible signings, and at the time of Crouch wasn't our glorious club saying it was good business.

I have said on a previous thread that I am unsure of letting Dyche pick incoming players, I would like whoever brought in Collins, Cornet and Roberts to be in charge of incoming transfers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)