+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Tilt recalled

Tilt recalled

Just been told Tilt has been recalled.

Obviously Wigan don’t want to pay what we’re asking for him…their loss I suppose.

Do the club now put him up for sale or sit down with him with a view to giving him game time?

Angus is chomping at the bit to get some game time but, could he last the rest of the season if anything happened to Icky/Wood or both.

I say keep Tilt til the end of the season and re evaluate then, if only for cover.
    Last edited by Brin; 14-01-2022 at 09:39 AM.

It's been confirmed on the O/S

Have we done it to force Wigans hand to put a bid in? I can't see us turning them down if they want to buy him.

He's left sided isn't he? Our weakness in our back 3. Loan Bola out get him straight in. Harding Ihiekwe Tilt at back 3. Harding is our player as good as Edmunds Green on the right who won't be here next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    It's been confirmed on the O/S

Have we done it to force Wigans hand to put a bid in? I can't see us turning them down if they want to buy him.
    They had put a bid in but it was not satisfactory, this gives them time to refocus and sharpen their pencil, they called our bluff and we have now got them in checkmate ! If they really want him they will have to pay us nearer k100 what we paid for him !

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    He's left sided isn't he? Our weakness in our back 3. Loan Bola out get him straight in. Harding Ihiekwe Tilt at back 3. Harding is our player as good as Edmunds Green on the right who won't be here next season.
    It was our 'weakness' at the start of the season and last season but you still wanted rid of Tilt, what's changed now?

Also, how many times are you going to repeat 'Harding is our player as good as Edmunds Green on the right who won't be here next season'?

About time we stood up to others
    If he stays injury free I’d like us to use him but that’s where my problem lies in his injuries that he seems to pick up when here with us

Having said that I’m not sure he wants to stay or club want him to stay

Doing it to force Wigan's hand we are holding all the cards here. Wigan do not pay up it weakens them and we gain a a player they pay up what we want we can invest somewhere else. Glad Warne has seen this and showed some balls .

Brinkmanship

We've done well without him Wigan have done well with him

Wallet testing time

Unless we have unknown injury issues

It’s a no brainier to recall him . Even if we have no intention of playing him .

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast