+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Harrison

Firpo was having his best game for us before he went off injured so Harrison would have played well irrespective - also hope this gives him confidence which I think it will as his third goal looked like he took it with aplomb and dinked it

agreed HO, i was seriously worried about the Firpo situation, thought we had been sold a lemon, i know a few Barça fans who told me hes shighte, but hes getting dramatically better with every game. Starting to thing he has a future with us.

Me too - we already know he can play well going forward with the ball but if he can play like he did against West Ham then he could turn into a very good player for us. He looks massive physically too which can’t but help.

Quote Originally Posted by hgatenasty View Post
    Talk about jumping the gun with a thread, leave him where he is. his best game to date.
    Does his 'best game to date' not tell you anything? . He signed in July 2018 so it's taken him 3 1/2 seasons to do that. He had a good day yesterday and I'm absolutely delighted for him and hope he has many more days like that. Everything went for him y'day. Although he still made some wimpy challenges and pulled out of heading contests. Its amazing how a player can have a great game and everyone forgets all the s hit he's done before. Getting the ball stuck between his feet, getting caught out by raiding full backs, passing, inexplicably, to the opposition. All these things quickly forgotten cos of 1 good game.?? Wise up.

Wise up north?

Now signing Dennis Wise would be a retrograde step - thought we were supposed to be signing Cantwell, Swift or the lad from Derby 😆

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Yeah, he's just an average player, who just happens to have scored a hat trick against a team in the top 4 giving us our first win against Spam away in 20 years, bang average I'd say.
    That's my opinion and still is until he puts in 20 of those games a season. You have bad mouthed absolutely everybody, Harrison included, the club, the players, the fans, the footymad posters, Bielsa, the list goes on. If there was a Premier league for d ickheads you'd be Man City, 11 points clear and running away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by denver11 View Post
    That's my opinion and still is until he puts in 20 of those games a season. You have bad mouthed absolutely everybody, Harrison included, the club, the players, the fans, the footymad posters, Bielsa, the list goes on. If there was a Premier league for d ickheads you'd be Man City, 11 points clear and running away with it.
    And I've also congratulated all those mentioned where it's warranted, it's called being able to discriminate good from bad, irrespective of the context. Let's just say I'd rather have a team full of Harrison's than a team full of Robert's.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Wise up north?

Now signing Dennis Wise would be a retrograde step - thought we were supposed to be signing Cantwell, Swift or the lad from Derby 😆
    Hope we get Swift. Then we can have a SwiftKoch partnership rather than the AilingKoch we have now.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypie7 View Post
    Hope we get Swift. Then we can have a SwiftKoch partnership rather than the AilingKoch we have now.
    I see what you did there - I believe there are pharmaceuticals to treat both of those conditions 🙃

Harrison definitely has a lot of talent - all three finishes yesterday in their own way demonstrated that.

When he is full of confidence and just plays what is in front of him he seems very good. Like all top level sport often the biggest difference in how players progress is what makes up the 3 inches between the ears. Michael Jordan, Martin Johnson, Jonny Wilkinson David Beckham, Joe Montana, Wee Gordon for us are all examples of that.

Some players, such as Joffy (or before him Batty) just believe they are good enough and don’t really worry about it.

The reason why I think Joffy (if he avoids serious injuries) will be a superstar is his attitude and outlook on the pitch. If he could give some of that to Harrison sure Harrison would be knocking on the England door but he can’t and that is why he cost us what he did and not 40m.

I still think he is a good player and I really like how he speaks and he seems a considerate thoughtful type from the interviews he gives.

When all our players are fully fit I suspect he may behind James in the pecking order.

Happy days that we seem to have a crop of youngsters coming through to push the first team too. I

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)