+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: TIME (for changes?)

TIME (for changes?)

I don't blame Wood for leaving, but his comments (in the comfort zone) makes me think he isn't the only one with that attitude left at Turf Moor-guaranteed a place- so continue with diabolical performances and a lack of effort from a number of players!
    I have never displayed much confidence in SD operating in both the transfer/loan markets, and remain of the opinion that Cornet wouldn't have been his choice either (15 million on 3 ageing journeymen perhaps)
    Just before the season started we were reported in the press close to signing Harry Wilson from Liverpool.
    SD stepped in and vetoed the move stating it would be wasting money as it wasn't an upgrade on what we had-Lennon and Gudjonsonn-REALLY!

Maybe someone else is now “pulling the strings” - see Lancs live post earlier in the season

.New owners ALK Capital, who completed their takeover on New Year's Eve, have made the change as they assess how they want to move the club forward.The owners see the Academy as ***** to the future of the Clarets and partnered with AI Scout to launch a search for prospective new players earlier this year.They have also drafted in PAUL JENKINS, a former Middlesboro coach, who has been advising ALK in recent weeks.
    His official title is technical consultant for ALK/Burnley, with a focus on the Academy side.
    JENKINS is a hugely respected figure in the game having spent two decades as part of the Boro coaching staff, the bulk of which was with the Academy but also included a spell working with the first team in the 2016/17 Premier League season.
    ALK have also brought DAVE BALDWIN back to Turf Moor in an advisory capacity.
    The former Burnley CEO is a vastly experienced football operator who will play a key part in assisting with the Clarets recruitment over the coming months.
    He left his role at Turf Moor to join the EFL in 2020 but was in post a matter of months before stepping down and his return will be seen as a major positive by many given his experience

Quote Originally Posted by DownThePlughole66 View Post
    I don't blame Wood for leaving, but his comments (in the comfort zone) makes me think he isn't the only one with that attitude left at Turf Moor-guaranteed a place- so continue with diabolical performances and a lack of effort from a number of players!
    I have never displayed much confidence in SD operating in both the transfer/loan markets, and remain of the opinion that Cornet wouldn't have been his choice either (15 million on 3 ageing journeymen perhaps)
    Just before the season started we were reported in the press close to signing Harry Wilson from Liverpool.
    SD stepped in and vetoed the move stating it would be wasting money as it wasn't an upgrade on what we had-Lennon and Gudjonsonn-REALLY!

Maybe someone else is now “pulling the strings” - see Lancs live post earlier in the season

.New owners ALK Capital, who completed their takeover on New Year's Eve, have made the change as they assess how they want to move the club forward.The owners see the Academy as ***** to the future of the Clarets and partnered with AI Scout to launch a search for prospective new players earlier this year.They have also drafted in PAUL JENKINS, a former Middlesboro coach, who has been advising ALK in recent weeks.
    His official title is technical consultant for ALK/Burnley, with a focus on the Academy side.
    JENKINS is a hugely respected figure in the game having spent two decades as part of the Boro coaching staff, the bulk of which was with the Academy but also included a spell working with the first team in the 2016/17 Premier League season.
    ALK have also brought DAVE BALDWIN back to Turf Moor in an advisory capacity.
    The former Burnley CEO is a vastly experienced football operator who will play a key part in assisting with the Clarets recruitment over the coming months.
    He left his role at Turf Moor to join the EFL in 2020 but was in post a matter of months before stepping down and his return will be seen as a major positive by many given his experience
    Spot on DTP. It has all got too comfortable. SD keeps up his mantra, but Tarks and Mee keep making mistakes, whilst Collins warms the bench. The strikers miss chance after chance whilst Vydra warms the bench.

In addition SD comes up with comments like “we defended too deep” after going 1 up, or the midfield is always 2 against 3. So who is responsible?

Meanwhile, as was seen in the first match of the season, Graham Potter changed the system at half time. The response from SD - zilch. In the meantime he claims that the squad can play different systems. When? On the PS4 or XBox? There is no evidence of it on the pitch.

Quite honestly, let’s hope that recruitment is out of his hands. If he cannot coach the type of player recruited, then he should leave, not continue with the same old, same old of aging players way past their best.

What really was the point of spending money on Drinkwater and Stevens?

Whose idea were they?

I do wonder Swiss!

Expenditure from Wells through to Stevens would I estimate be close to 60 million-(and that doesn't include wages and loan signings)
    Players, some of who simply failed to meet expectations or were never given the opportunity-and some like Walters/Stevens who arrived with injuries.

Whatever we think about ALK, I would hope that all the talk about Carroll is simply that-Talk and they would simply not sanction a move like that.

We keep hearing about promising youngsters who occasionally "warm the bench" and maybe get 15 mins of fame- then they just disappear back to obscurity or find themselves out on loan somewhere.
    McNeil was a revelation when he made his debut but has gone into reverse, and just a shadow of the player we know he was!

Like you I do wonder if recruitment is now out of his hands.
    Based on his ideologies and management philosophies, SD wont be happy with that-and I suspect neither will some of the regular names on the team sheet either.

Quote Originally Posted by DownThePlughole66 View Post
    I do wonder Swiss!

Expenditure from Wells through to Stevens would I estimate be close to 60 million-(and that doesn't include wages and loan signings)
    Players, some of who simply failed to meet expectations or were never given the opportunity-and some like Walters/Stevens who arrived with injuries.

Whatever we think about ALK, I would hope that all the talk about Carroll is simply that-Talk and they would simply not sanction a move like that.

We keep hearing about promising youngsters who occasionally "warm the bench" and maybe get 15 mins of fame- then they just disappear back to obscurity or find themselves out on loan somewhere.
    McNeil was a revelation when he made his debut but has gone into reverse, and just a shadow of the player we know he was!

Like you I do wonder if recruitment is now out of his hands.
    Based on his ideologies and management philosophies, SD wont be happy with that-and I suspect neither will some of the regular names on the team sheet either.
    I agree, DIP. The scary word from Woods was “comfortable”. I think that is a massive problem at the club, despite SD’s talk of competition for places, as well as oft quoted statement that he has «*no favourites*».

We are conceding goals partly through errors by Tarks, Mee and Lowton. They are picked every match. Therefore, are Bardsley, Collins and Long so bad that they cannot get on the pitch? Similarly, Roberts when he is fit.
    Likewise Vydra. Why does he not get a game? Is he cr*p or what?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)