+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: WBA53 match thread

Quote Originally Posted by BRE259 View Post
    Sorry but do you go and watch games, we are playing shockingly and even the chances are drying up last few games?

I go to a lot of games and got to say at the moment - I would rather watch a Pulis game! At least then we had some quality! In the last few months the football has been consistent - absolute dross

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    I go to a lot of games and got to say at the moment - I would rather watch a Pulis game! At least then we had some quality! In the last few months the football has been consistent - absolute dross
    you would rather watch a Pulis team? yes we had more quality but all we did is defend and have about 25% possession, Pulis was the start of the problem we now have he signed older players on good contracts that had no resale value which is what a club like ours needs to do, be able to sell players at a profit to put back into the playing squad while bringing through some youngsters to be in the squad rather then relying on 5 or 6 loan players that we seem to be signing every season.

Quote Originally Posted by saltnshake View Post
    you would rather watch a Pulis team? yes we had more quality but all we did is defend and have about 25% possession, Pulis was the start of the problem we now have he signed older players on good contracts that had no resale value which is what a club like ours needs to do, be able to sell players at a profit to put back into the playing squad while bringing through some youngsters to be in the squad rather then relying on 5 or 6 loan players that we seem to be signing every season.

The point was Pulis matches were dire and he parked the bus but there was quality within the match! Within the last 2 months how much quality have we seen? Our recruitment team are too blame time and time again - Jonny Evans saga - Johnstone saga - Academy players saga and absolute s hite saga with donkeys like Zohore - Hugill!

To be honest there’s more quality on show at the moment at Kidderminster than sadly at a West Brom match!

In life any business will go bump if they get rid of their assets and cut corners. Fact of life! Quality recruitment in every business works wonders too!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    The point was Pulis matches were dire and he parked the bus but there was quality within the match! Within the last 2 months how much quality have we seen? Our recruitment team are too blame time and time again - Jonny Evans saga - Johnstone saga - Academy players saga and absolute s hite saga with donkeys like Zohore - Hugill!

To be honest there’s more quality on show at the moment at Kidderminster than sadly at a West Brom match!

In life any business will go bump if they get rid of their assets and cut corners. Fact of life! Quality recruitment in every business works wonders too!
    How many Kiddy matches have you watched? its not about getting rid of assets it's about reinvesting the money we get, we have to start and do that and the only way you do that is by buying younger players that will have a sell on value and i think thats what the club want to do but that doesn't happen over night and that is IMO why Val has been given a 4 year contract.

Quote Originally Posted by saltnshake View Post
    How many Kiddy matches have you watched? its not about getting rid of assets it's about reinvesting the money we get, we have to start and do that and the only way you do that is by buying younger players that will have a sell on value and i think thats what the club want to do but that doesn't happen over night and that is IMO why Val has been given a 4 year contract.
    This is all well and good but if it is a four year plan then the club need to make a clear statement as to what the mission is.

It’s the only way to keep the fans onside through what is likely to be quite a bumpy ride.

I ageee about buying younger players though, maybe Dike is the start of this blueprint but we’ve got to start trusting more of our own young players much, much earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    This is all well and good but if it is a four year plan then the club need to make a clear statement as to what the mission is.

It’s the only way to keep the fans onside through what is likely to be quite a bumpy ride.

I ageee about buying younger players though, maybe Dike is the start of this blueprint but we’ve got to start trusting more of our own young players much, much earlier.
    I agree there needs to be more communication from the club and we have already seen 2 younger players spend quite a lot of time in the squad the problem it we can't change things overnight, Val is trying to get results and change the ethics at the club in the long run going up this season might not be the best idea another clear out of the loan players and bringing in younger players in the summer might be better in the long run, but most fans won't see it that way.

There is a plan. Sell. As soon as possible. After that, if it happens of course, the owner and the board won’t give a s**t.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    There is a plan. Sell. As soon as possible. After that, if it happens of course, the owner and the board won’t give a s**t.
    I agree Kets, this do called “Four year plan” is utter b o l l o x.

This is why I think Val will gets sacked if we don’t win the next two on the trot.

FOL needs promotion, that’s the only reason we spent money on Dike, the last throw of the dice is sacking Val IMO.

Totally agree Mick! Younger players - every decent young player we have from the academy either does not get a proper opportunity or f ucks off for pastures new!!

Your key word ‘ trust ‘ rarely happens! What must be going through the minds of Tulloch and Clearly when an absolute cart horse like Hugill was selected? Nobody could do any worse than Hugill!!!!

I agree Kets, this do called “Four year plan” is utter b o l l o x.

This is why I think Val will gets sacked if we don’t win the next two on the trot.

FOL needs promotion, that’s the only reason we spent money on Dike, the last throw of the dice is sacking Val IMO.

The last throw of the dice should have been giving Fat Sam a decent financial incentive to have stayed plus the budget. He wanted to stay but not an idiot!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)