+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Today's game

Today's game

Anyone else waking up this morning feeling a little sick with nerves or is that just me lol.
    We simply have to win this fixture in my opinion. I really think winning today would be our turning point in the season.
    We've had games cancelled leading up to this one which we desperately needed, we've managed to get two new first team players in before it. Now everyone of our team needs to stand up and be counted.
    I'm just worried certain player's won't, either because they don't want to or because the occasion is to big for them.
    Our desperation to bring in a striker before the game alone shows just how desperate we are as a club to win this one.
    I hope that doesn't act as a negative for our players which It often can especially with a team like ours.
    That's my negative thinking the positive side of my brain is saying the lads will be buzzing having a couple of new faces in and knowing we are bringing more in they all need to seriously up there levels to keep there places in this team.
    I just want to see them come out and absolutely thrive of the atmosphere for once and give us our biggest result of the season. HTWL

I woke up extra early this morning. Been up for hours now. This is a big day for us, massive. Float or sink really.

I think the lads will put in a shift, I mean they have to after the shambles against Cambridge.

Hopefully Wood can hold up the ball so the team can move higher up the pitch, with Trippier overlapping on the wing. This will also create space for ASM.

I'm positive, I think we will win.

Knock on Wood!

So, lets win this and make it a good foundation for survival, and also strengthen our bid to wrap up those last signings before the window close!

Howay the lads!

Quote Originally Posted by toonviking View Post
    I woke up extra early this morning. Been up for hours now. This is a big day for us, massive. Float or sink really.

I think the lads will put in a shift, I mean they have to after the shambles against Cambridge.

Hopefully Wood can hold up the ball so the team can move higher up the pitch, with Trippier overlapping on the wing. This will also create space for ASM.

I'm positive, I think we will win.

Knock on Wood!

So, lets win this and make it a good foundation for survival, and also strengthen our bid to wrap up those last signings before the window close!

Howay the lads!
    This has made me more excited than nervous (for now anyway). Let's have it

We need this win desperately. A draw doesn't help us one little bit and a lose is unthinkable. I'd be happy if he played a keeper and ten upfront. Just need to score more than them, pretty simple really. *sarcastic nervous emoji thingy*🤞🤞

My head says "only a win will do".

My heart says that it is fed up being broken by our farcical defence.

I'm definitely excited. This could be the game where we begin to turn it around.

Let's not kid ourselves-now we're into the second half of the season, with who we're playing and our current points total, this is a must-win. It all depends on who turns up-the team who played so well against Man U or the Cambridge team. Having a proper focal point for our attacks should make a big difference, though and, much as he's been terrible so far, I'd be tempted to bring Willock in to feed off the ball Wood wins high up the pitch. He's best arriving in the box at the right time and I think Wood will allow him to do this.

On the other hand, I might just be talking absolute shite.

Probably am, on reflection.

My main worry is the likelihood of Ritchie and Longstaff starting again Hopefully Lewis is now fit and can play at Left back and we start Willock instead of Longstaff.

Quote Originally Posted by MidsMagpie View Post
    My main worry is the likelihood of Ritchie and Longstaff starting again Hopefully Lewis is now fit and can play at Left back and we start Willock instead of Longstaff.
    As far as I’m concerned, the season starts today.

Would have liked another player in by now but I think we got this - it may be ugly.

I like that lad Dennis they have BTW.

If we lose today it's over, it really is. There's only 4 in the race and Watford are the team to catch and their form has ben worse than ours. A draw will leave some painful hope but no optimism, we will see today if the fight is on.

Cant wait.

Any streams put them up.

Howay the lads!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)