+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Recruitment

Recruitment

I noted from an interview with Dave earlier in the week that he was hopeful of getting a couple in before the weekend, well it is Saturday morning and Zilch, can’t find anything linking us to anybody which is unusual you usually get some tit bit of information. Has anybody heard anything about potential recruitment ?

I think his actual words were that a couple of our targets were more advanced and if all went well we might have them in for the weekend, but it was quoted as being hopeful, which is more positive than he sounded! No word on who we're looking at though, since the Irish RB stories (might make more sense with Ramsey gone) & the Blackburn U-23 striker who we're told said no.

It is VERY quiet on the transfer front. The only news/gossip we get is outward rather than incoming. Some clubs have reported movement but difficult to know if these players were targets or just the result of desperation. I see Mandron has turned down a new contract (which came first- this decision or the upturn in his goalscoring?). Rumours have it that Championship clubs are interested. Well that should push the price up as long as he goes soon.

DA said at the weekend that he had 2 very advanced and should be in for Cambridge, maybe 3.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    It is VERY quiet on the transfer front. The only news/gossip we get is outward rather than incoming. Some clubs have reported movement but difficult to know if these players were targets or just the result of desperation. I see Mandron has turned down a new contract (which came first- this decision or the upturn in his goalscoring?). Rumours have it that Championship clubs are interested. Well that should push the price up as long as he goes soon.
    Is anybody not a little worried that players can’t wait to get out of Gresty Road there must be a reason why so many players don’t won’t to sign new deals academy and non academy players alike. Ramsey has suggested he moved on to play better football with better players and to get more game time. So if you take all of the following into account

Ramsey gone
    Bennett gone
    Thomas out club trying to get rid
    Gomes out club trying to get rid
    Knight injured until at least March

Add to this the 4 players we are still short from last seasons numbers we need 9 players I don’t think club have any intention of avoiding relegation, we need solid experienced pros not other teams kids we have enough of them already. When Artell talks about doing his due diligence I don’t think he can spell it let alone do it CLUELESS

Striker currently playing in the Netherlands.....?

Team building is not simply about numbers!

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Team building is not simply about numbers!
    No this is true but you have to have enough to be competitive and we don’t and we aren’t

But at the moment we are and our numbers, as you point out, are low.

If the striker is Basala Sambou, he has only scored one goal in senior football, albeit that is playing in the Dutch Eredivisie

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast