+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 232 of 731 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234242282332 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 7305

Thread: OT Wordle.

Quote Originally Posted by BramleyMiller58 View Post
    Hole 9 (Not Phoenix or Sitwell, setting the bar far too high !)

Up hill to the green back towards the clubhouse
    Fields to the left, line of trees on right separating the 9th and 1st fairway

Never made the Green in one on this one and ....................
    Today no different. Pulled it right into the trees and rough 3y
    Horrible lie. No option but the chip out sideways over the empty Vodka bottle (how did that get there ?) onto the fairway 2y, 1g
    7 iron up to the green, landed on fringe but bu99€r rolled back down the slope 3g
    Went for it with chip and run, thought it'd got it in but no, hit the flag landing 2ft from the pin 3g
    Thought about the putt long and hard, then it hit me and straight in 5g

Bogie 5

5 over for the round
    Can't find any description for the 1st hole BM58 and that's the hole I remember on most courses so a recap please.

Alternatively describe the bar and Raging will probably get it in a flash

Hole 9 (Not Phoenix or Sitwell, setting the bar far too high !)

Up hill to the green back towards the clubhouse
    Fields to the left, line of trees on right separating the 9th and 1st fairway

Never made the Green in one on this one and ....................
    Today no different. Pulled it right into the trees and rough 3y
    Horrible lie. No option but the chip out sideways over the empty Vodka bottle (how did that get there ?) onto the fairway 2y, 1g
    7 iron up to the green, landed on fringe but bu99€r rolled back down the slope 3g
    Went for it with chip and run, thought it'd got it in but no, hit the flag landing 2ft from the pin 3g
    Thought about the putt long and hard, then it hit me and straight in 5g

Bogie 5

5 over for the round
    Bramley are you playing at Tinsley by any chance?

Patience Gents

Tommorows hole/description will narrow your search down !

Patience Gents

Tommorows hole/description will narrow your search down !
    Got it! It's your 9 hole pitch and putt on your back garden

NB. No wait......it's Wortley Road, can't think of the course??

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post

Naah, I think he's set up a miniature golf course on the semi-circular patch of green on Pear Tree Avenue in Bramley. There's a tree on it now and he keeps passing round it!

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Naah, I think he's set up a miniature golf course on the semi-circular patch of green on Pear Tree Avenue in Bramley. There's a tree on it now and he keeps passing round it!
    Brin - Grange Park, but no.

CTM - Close(ish) but no Cigar !
    Last edited by BramleyMiller58; 20-11-2022 at 06:05 PM.

My fourth consecutive par. Not sure if that makes me boring or consistent in present company - probably boringly consistent.

Here is the Leaderboard after nine holes as we turn for the journey home. Ranked from best down with the previous ranking after the fourth hole shown in parenthesis.

Nine Holes (Nov 20)

1st Howdy -8 (2nd)
    2nd Raging -5 (1st)
    3rd= CAM -3 (3rd=)
    3rd= Ronners -3 (5th)
    5th= CT +1 (3rd=)
    5th= Jake +1 (8th=)
    7th Millertop +3 (6th)
    8th Bramley +5 (7th)
    9th Brin +6 (8th=)

Congratulations to Howdy on an amazing 8 under par after nine holes. A remarkable half round which included 2 eagles, 4 birdies and no shots over par. Can he keep up this formidable pace for the rest of the tournament or will he succumb to the yips?. Will he finally elect to change his opening word?

Howdy changes places with Raging who, despite his descent into a Kafka-esque alcoholic nightmare and only a vague understanding of the sport, seems to have kept up a stellar performance. I imagine, as I write this, that he is at evensong sitting in one of the last pews waiting for a chance to speak to a priest about his moral and spiritual decline. Will he emerge a new man for the back nine?

Kudos to Jake, the most improved player in the tournament who has moved up from 8th after four to 5th after nine.

The scoring has inevitable spread out across the players as we build up the number of holes completed with no less than 14 shots separating first and last place. It is impressive to note that we have 4 players still shooting under par. While there is something of a gap emerging between the leading four and the rest, much can change in a game and as Cicero once said (and it may have been at the Appian Way Open) "Nil desperandum". There is still everything to play for.
    Last edited by CTMilller; 20-11-2022 at 06:50 PM.

Monday nightmare

Failed

A decent par 4 for me today.

Sliced the ball into the semi rough from the tee and noticed howdy laughing at me the t**t, so I mooned him. (1y)
    Hit a reasonable shot back onto the fairway but I was still 125 yds from the green, and saw topsy, who was ahead of me launching his clubs and swearing at the top of his voice, I wondered what that was all about. (2y)
    I was starting to panick a bit now and had to have a really good think about which club to use next and decided on the 8 iron and I didnt even have to use my own 8 iron as I had topsy's that he had launched my way after his failed bid, cheers topsy, and I hit an absolute beauty that dropped onto the green and rolled up to within 3 inches of the hole, "that's more like it" said my wife "thanks darlin it was a good shot" I replied " no I meant the 3 inches" she said....Bitch (2g+2y)
    Anyway, with the 2 yellows I had to supplement the 2 greens I went through all the clubs that were left and could only find one that I thought would fit so using topsy's putter I rolled it into the hole for a nice par 4 (5g) UTM

Back 9 I told myself in bottom place so do something today. Pen and pad at the ready…. lets go!

I tried a new starter word and yeh 1g, 2y..like it.
    Second word still 1G, 2y 😑

Third word 4g almost there 🤔

Fourth word I could only think of one and a pure lucky guess but bingo! I fluked a par… Could have been worse but much better than yesterday. Still + 8 though 😏

Page 232 of 731 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234242282332 ... LastLast