+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 738 FirstFirst ... 234561454104504 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Wordle.

A tricky 4 today

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    A tricky 4 today

Has anyone ever used that word ?
    Last edited by CAMiller; 24-01-2022 at 04:36 PM. Reason: Removed clue

Actually got it in 2 before seeing Scum's clue which would have spoilt it for me.

Can people please stop putting clues up?

Sorry about that.

I thought the clue was tenuous enough. It won’t happen again.

Well done on the 2 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Sorry about that.

I thought the clue was tenuous enough. It won’t happen again.

Well done on the 2 though.
    As you said, the word is so ingrained in that event, had I seen your clue I would have got it in 1. Luckily the first word I guessed gave me 2 green in positions 2 and 4 and that left me with very few options for my 2nd guess, although it took me about 10 minutes to work through the permutations in my head. That's why this game suits me as I'm good at logic when given time. I'm worse than average on games like Countdown where there's a strict time limit and little logic in play.

4 for me..............

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    As you said, the word is so ingrained in that event, had I seen your clue I would have got it in 1. Luckily the first word I guessed gave me 2 green in positions 2 and 4 and that left me with very few options for my 2nd guess, although it took me about 10 minutes to work through the permutations in my head. That's why this game suits me as I'm good at logic when given time. I'm worse than average on games like Countdown where there's a strict time limit and little logic in play.
    Bullet dodged that you did the wordle first. Spoilers are crap and it wasn’t my intention.

I got it in 4. Quite a few in my group needed several goes and broke their running streaks.

I’m exactly the same. I eliminate letters myself and then start creating possible words in my head.

I was reading an article the other day about popular first guesses. I use the first word with a couple of vowels in that I think of.

I think using the the same starting word would take the fun out.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    Bullet dodged that you did the wordle first. Spoilers are crap and it wasn’t my intention.

I got it in 4. Quite a few in my group needed several goes and broke their running streaks.

I’m exactly the same. I eliminate letters myself and then start creating possible words in my head.

I was reading an article the other day about popular first guesses. I use the first word with a couple of vowels in that I think of.

I think using the the same starting word would take the fun out.
    Yes, I work the same way and just choose a random word as my first word and have been lucky so far in the 6 days I've played. As you can see from today's word, if you know the 2nd letter you can just about rule out most of the alphabet as the first letter.

I think I must be getting really lucky with my first words which I change every day. Today I got 1 green and 2 yellow in my first attempt and got it in 2 in less than a minute.

....4 today....

Page 4 of 738 FirstFirst ... 234561454104504 ... LastLast