+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worry not - Mike's coming back...

Worry not - Mike's coming back...

Another of those pesky "clauses" to potentially come back and bite us on the arse...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...relegated.html

I noticed that in the Mail this morning BT, intriguingly it doesn't say what the set price is that allows Garlick to buy the club back in the event of relegation.

It's almost as big a can of worms is this, as the Covid regs scam currently being perpetrated on us.

If that's the case I'm surprised ALK/Pace haven't done more to keep us up. Tripps on £100k and Wood £85k, no wonder they went there.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    If that's the case I'm surprised ALK/Pace haven't done more to keep us up.
    Indeed Chris, but perversely it almost seems like ALK actually want us to be relegated, they are not acting like owners desperate to stay in the PL, and in one of Pace's early interviews, he actually said he was quite relaxed about us playing in the Championship. It's all very odd, something doesn't add up, which is why I mentioned the can of worms.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I noticed that in the Mail this morning BT, intriguingly it doesn't say what the set price is that allows Garlick to buy the club back in the event of relegation.

It's almost as big a can of worms is this, as the Covid regs scam currently being perpetrated on us.
    As it was a leveraged buy out, ALK has invested little, if any, of its own money. The purchase price is being paid out of the “profits” going forwards, if the reports were accurate.

It is rumoured that Garlick took £80 million out of the kitty, leaving ALK to pay £120 million. A year in the PL plus parachute payments will go a long way to covering that.

However, Garlick may be able to buy back for £50 million. Meaning he will have made £30 million on the deal and ALK will have made £50 million. Garlick will also have BFC, whatever that may be worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    As it was a leveraged buy out, ALK has invested little, if any, of its own money. The purchase price is being paid out of the “profits” going forwards, if the reports were accurate.

It is rumoured that Garlick took £80 million out of the kitty, leaving ALK to pay £120 million. A year in the PL plus parachute payments will go a long way to covering that.

However, Garlick may be able to buy back for £50 million. Meaning he will have made £30 million on the deal and ALK will have made £50 million. Garlick will also have BFC, whatever that may be worth.
    Sounds feasible Swiss, Garlick is happy, ALK are happy, I'm happy because I'd rather we were playing in the Championship than the PL, but the many thousands of fans who want to see their team, Burnley, playing in the PL won't be happy. But who cares about them, when there's money to be made, they don't count.

Alto will be turning in his grave. He hated Garlic.😪

I've researched this and it is only enforceable if ALK default on the payments too and therefore it's not 100% dependant on us being relegated.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I've researched this and it is only enforceable if ALK default on the payments too and therefore it's not 100% dependant on us being relegated.
    Correct, BT, that was always the case and was made quite clear when ALK took over.
    Talking about finances, although we do not rely on revenue from attendances, we have only played 4 home league matches since 2 October. That is 15 weeks and not good for revenue because even the two cup games will not have brought a lot of money in.
    The only good thing about those 4 PL matches is that we won one and drew three, having lost two of the three previous PL matches.

Yeah... but back then we hadn’t lost our faith, our best striker and our second best striker... and our best cb still thought highly of himself and his future ... there is a time for everything and when you run a club without any focus on improving an aging squad. Well there you have it...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)