+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Eastleigh FC 15.01.22 [FAT4]

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Quite refreshing to have two decent manager interviews after a game.

Was on a plane today so no watching or listening, but very glad for Sam. I wonder whether we might see him coming off the bench more, especially as the fixtures pile up.

Quote Originally Posted by OchPie View Post
    Quite refreshing to have two decent manager interviews after a game.
    Agree, both of them were honest and described the game accurately rather than blaming the ref or saying they deserved to win when they clearly didn't. Strevens is right to be proud of his players for their effort, they really gave their all and made it difficult for us.

Very decent of him to mention the minute's silence and Colin and offer his condolences in the interview. Good man.

I wss massively impressed with Sam today. He used his size well, had great awareness, always showing for the ball and made lots of good runs whuch enabled us to have variety of being able to hit a long ball as well as waiting for a killer shorter ball. He has pace to burn even allowing for his size. Two top class finishes which should help erase the two sitters he missed in an earlier game. If he can show this level of form consistantly, we have the makings of a really decent player. Eli Eli.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Very decent of him to mention the minute's silence and Colin and offer his condolences in the interview. Good man.
    What a throughly pleasant chap. I hope he’s successful, the game could do with a few more of his type.

Seeing as they only had three subs I really thought they would run out of steam. Credit to them they put up a good fight and their manager probably took more out of that game than he would have I gained.
    Hopefully they get some more players back for the Stockport game and can cause them a bit of trouble.

Thanks for the link, good to hear the opposition view.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Seconded.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Eli played very well today and thoroughly deserved his goals. On this performance he is well ahead of Mitchell for a starting place. He has now set the standard, and he could turn out to be a very important player in the coming months.
    There are some very encouraging signs in his post-match interview... apart from sounding happy enough, committed to working hard and accepting that the Head Coach picks the team

he described himself as 'the best'...(in training, on that day), it's great that he's still got the self-belief and pride to say that - all players, especially strikers maybe, need to think like that

we found out he's having his 1st child very soon. There's nothing like becoming a father for the first time for focusing the mind on your career and what you have to do...

Finally, he'll have increased his standing in the squad and gained some attention/respect. He'll be wanting more of that...
    Having won that game for us, what's important now is that he gets some more pitch time over the next 3 games or so...or he'd be forgiven for thinking 'what's the point'. Trust IB to take care of that...

I've been arguing for Sam on here for a while and never stopped thinking he could be a real asset given the opportunity.
    Now I think the tide's turned for him at Notts and we're about to see the real player.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    There are some very encouraging signs in his post-match interview... apart from sounding happy enough, committed to working hard and accepting that the Head Coach picks the team

he described himself as 'the best'...(in training, on that day), it's great that he's still got the self-belief and pride to say that - all players, especially strikers maybe, need to think like that

we found out he's having his 1st child very soon. There's nothing like becoming a father for the first time for focusing the mind on your career and what you have to do...

Finally, he'll have increased his standing in the squad and gained some attention/respect. He'll be wanting more of that...
    Having won that game for us, what's important now is that he gets some more pitch time over the next 3 games or so...or he'd be forgiven for thinking 'what's the point'. Trust IB to take care of that...

I've been arguing for Sam on here for a while and never stopped thinking he could be a real asset given the opportunity.
    Now I think the tide's turned for him at Notts and we're about to see the real player.
    Really hope so mate, Sam's always had something about him, it just adds more strength to the squad depth and real competition for places as Mitchell would have expected to be ahead of Sam in the pecking order. It's going to be a very interesting second half of the season.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast