+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Eastleigh FC 15.01.22 [FAT4]

Match Thread vs. Eastleigh FC 15.01.22 [FAT4]

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 1522
Size:  14.6 KB

Matchday is here and this time in the FA Trophy against our National League bogey team, The Spitfires of Eastleigh.

Will the Stylish 'Pies end the hoodoo and shoot their opponents' cup run down in flames? What team will be selected? Will the crowd exceed 3,000?

Oh and happy birthday to skipper Kyle Cameron and Meadow Lane legend Tommy Johnson, 25 and 51 today respectively!

Team news around 2:00pm. COYP!

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 1522
Size:  14.6 KB

Matchday is here and this time in the FA Trophy against our National League bogey team, The Spitfires of Eastleigh.

Will the Stylish 'Pies end the hoodoo and shoot their opponents' cup run down in flames? What team will be selected? Will the crowd exceed 3,000?

Oh and happy birthday to skipper Kyle Cameron and Meadow Lane legend Tommy Johnson, 25 and 51 today respectively!

Team news around 2:00pm. COYP!
    Jermaine Pennant and Colin Hoyle's birthdays as well.

I'll probably listen to the build up, to see if they have anything more to say about Colin Slater, but the combination of my lack of interest and embarrassment at Notts being in this competition is such that I'm going to watch the crucial PL relegation six pointer Newcastle v Watford at 3pm.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Jermaine Pennant and Colin Hoyle's birthdays as well.

I'll probably listen to the build up, to see if they have anything more to say about Colin Slater, but the combination of my lack of interest and embarrassment at Notts being in this competition is such that I'm going to watch the crucial PL relegation six pointer Newcastle v Watford at 3pm.
    Interesting. Personally any game in which Notts are playing is the one that I'm most interested in!

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Interesting. Personally any game in which Notts are playing is the one that I'm most interested in!
    I wonder how many would take a Notts loss this afternoon coupled with a win for Barnet over Chesterfield in the league? Obviously most would want a win for both Notts and Barnet, but given the choice of Notts lose Baret win or Notts win and Barnet lose, I'd expect the majority would go for the former.

The final is on Sunday 22 May 2022.
    The play off final is Sunday 5th June 2022

If the play off final was scheduled before the Trophy final (as it sometimes is) then I wouldn't be quite so bothered about it, but if we are going to miss out on top spot and have to go up via the play off route then I think it's crucial we go to Wembley with all of the added excitement and enthusiasm of a first visit to that stadium for many, rather than it feeling a bit flat because we've just been there two weeks earlier.

Ideally Notts would finish 1st and win the trophy, but that's a big ask, especially with the likelyhood of a bit of a fixture pile up that goes with it.

Name:  Screenshot 2022-01-15 141018.jpg
Views: 1472
Size:  35.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by skandark View Post
    3-5-2 with Nemane & Rawlinson on the right side? Could be our weak link today if so

Quote Originally Posted by skandark View Post
    Not a bad line up that, time for Mitchell and Sam to step up to the plate.

Looks like a good blend of first and second string. Will be interesting to see how they do. Nice to see Brooks on the bench too!

COYP!

I really don't give a poo about this game. Most national newspapers don't even list it as an event.

I see Chesterfield & Grimsby are both in action today. Fingers crossed for some slip ups

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast