+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Newcastle

Newcastle

This game for me is a must see ,I shall be watching ,complete with my goldfish and voodoo needles.

1-0 Toon. 54 minutes gone.

It will be interesting walking around tomorrow and listening to all these Toon fans moaning and then having a go at me about Chris Wood ----I hope!
    It will be a pleasure telling them that it was he who chose to leave and Eddie who wanted him and we are very grateful for the 25 million and do they want Tarkowski.

Toons no Happy.

forum quotes, post match.

Wood is beyond woeful. Waste of money on this showing

Wood is ****e. Was totally right about him. Burnley mugged us off.

Not been impressed with Wood at all.

He’s exactly what I thought he would be. He looks done.

Wood is not the answer, he’s slow, his touch is shocking, and he’s not even holding the ball up. We’ve been had

A striker famed and lauded for being excellent on crosses hasn't been in the right place for a single one. Absolutely no instinct. No excuses...but £25m in Burnley's bank is apparently weakening them.

If he was bought at Eddies request you've got to question his judgement. Awful buy.

Looked absolutely pointless up top tbh. I liked the idea of him but for £25m i'm pretty sure we could have gotten someone abroad a bit more mobile like

that last comment.....
    Sorry to say it mate, but that'd upset things, the game has to be Managed....players have to fit into a mold, it's a league thing, you can't upset the system, because that'd be potentially damaging to the pecking order (and the Money)...These days, making sowes ears look like slik purses is the accepted standard, but don't worry too much, it'll be your turn, someday

Yes,we have mugged them for 25million wherever we finish.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Yes,we have mugged them for 25million wherever we finish.
    alf, no we haven't mugged anybody off. We have benefited to the tune of 25million thanks to the efforts of an agent who sees pound signs in his sleep and seized an opportunity to make money because he will not have made much from Trippier and Wood in the last few years.
    Burnley can truly claim "Not Guilty"

If anyone was mugged it was us but it could be a blessing in disguise. I thought Wood had lost interest in us and wasn't trying as he should but it could be that he's just too old for the prem and has lost his edge. Our gain, Newcastle's loss and Wood happy with his barcode payoff prior to retirement.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)