+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bottom of the table

When these owners first arrived at the club - I thought fank foook the Cryne Era is over.
    Fifte.en years of a rollercoaster ride of peaks knowing full well that a trough was just over the hill.
    1000s of fans drifting away because they knew the club wasn’t going anywhere.
    These owners have got money and they will prevent that sort of thing ever happening again.
    The fan base will build from here.
    We no longer will be anchored to the bottom six of the Championship looking at which 3 are most likely to go down.
    From now on it will be a steady climb upwards.

But now.
    We may as well have someone like Patrick owning the club who unfortunately didn’t have the money to sustain success - other than have owners that have money but won’t spend any even when the club is sinking - the bubble has burst - the fans can clearly see this and they are AGAIN walking away.
    The credibility of these owners has been severely damaged to the extent it may never be repaired.
    Last edited by Young_Nudger; 15-01-2022 at 06:50 PM.

What if anything do you think they could do Nudger, to try and repair some of the damage that they've created. Which might finally get our fans back on side ?.

They aren't going to change their appalling greedy and selfish way of doing things, and for me they have gone way too far now.

If there was any doubt, it killed it for me when they made 'those comments' about finances rather than the teams progress to the Play offs.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    What if anything do you think they could do Nudger, to try and repair some of the damage that they've created. Which might finally get our fans back on side ?.

They aren't going to change their appalling greedy and selfish way of doing things, and for me they have gone way too far now.

If there was any doubt, it killed it for me when they made 'those comments' about finances rather than the teams progress to the Play offs.
    This lot aren't aware of the damage they are doing nor do they even care

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    This lot aren't aware of the damage they are doing nor do they even care
    Yeah and it angers me to read about Conway dismissing our position with comments along the lines of 'you have to take the highs and the lows' etc.
    They won't accept any responsibility will they for how low we've gone this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post

Well since I posted it - I’ve had a few further thoughts.
    The only way that I can see the owners getting the fans back on board is for them to apologise to the fans and openly go through the events that has caused this damaging season - and then reassure the fans that those mistakes won’t happen again.

IMO there doesn't need to be massive changes.
    But there is obviously a need for change.

For a start - the priority, beyond all other things, has to be the success of the 1st Team.

I’ve no problems about recruiting young players with a view to them being sold on at a later date to make a profit.
    But the success of the 1st Team has to be a priority.

Any change in team tactics has to be introduced over a season and successful tactics should not be ditched at the drop of a hat.
    Managers should be allowed to manage in the style they think best.

I would also like to see a sprinkling of influential older players - say 3 - that can help the younger players develop.
    And if that means the owners have to spend some of their own money to bring 2 or 3 quality older players in - then so be it.

These owners can be summed up by the old saying …….
    …… ‘spoiling the ship for a pennyworth of tar’
    Last edited by Young_Nudger; 15-01-2022 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    Well after I received an email regarding my cancelled season ticket.

This was my reply:

Hi,

After supporting Barnsley FC for almost 60 years I have decided not renew my season ticket this season and in the future.

With whats happened with the timing of closing the West Stand and the rumours surrounding moving our club away from the town I find it all completely distasteful.

All this after supporting this club in both successful and very difficult times.

Yours sincerely,

Now this is the reply from Grove Street.

Good Afternoon Mr *********

Thank you for your email we are sorry to hear that you do not wish to return to your original seat in the West Stand, WUD, Row ** Seat **
    We will now release your seat and thank you for letting us know your intentions so we will not send further correspondence.

Kind Regards,

Now that just about sums this lot up from Grove Street !
    Clearly they have a standard format for these statements Poggy. This reminds me of Stendel's statement. I have total respect for the 60 years that you've put in. The club, with it current management team, clearly have no respect for supporters. I get the impression that they wouldn't recognise respect if it hit them in the face. We are all clearly just a number, a source of cash and not worthy of respect it seems, in the management's eyes.

I wish we'd go back to hiring managers and letting them manage the team, with NO interference whatsoever when it comes to picking players and formations.
    Yes they have the final say when it comes to transfers, thats fair enough as they sign the checques.

And we must drop this under 24/25 nonsense, with the insistence that older more experienced players are no good because they will have no sell on value.

How ignorant and selfish is this ehh. The last time I looked we were called Barnsley football club, it does what it says on the tin!. And I wish we could be run as such, where the team is the most important thing. Rather than this way where gaining more and more money is the only reason for being here. 😣

Without a change of strategy we will see league two before we see the championship again under this ownership .

Mark my words we've seen nowt yet .

If there's no money to at least attempt to save ourselves this window you can pretty much see where this is going next season .

No money today so what does minus £9m equate to then next season ?

You'd struggle to breach that £9m loss within the squad we currently have .

If we got £6m in through player sales in the summer it would be remarkable , to say the least .

We are fecked .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Without a change of strategy we will see league two before we see the championship again under this ownership .

Mark my words we've seen nowt yet .

If there's no money to at least attempt to save ourselves this window you can pretty much see where this is going next season .

No money today so what does minus £9m equate to then next season ?

You'd struggle to breach that £9m loss within the squad we currently have .

If we got £6m in through player sales in the summer it would be remarkable , to say the least .

We are fecked .
    I totally agree. The loss in TV revenue will absolutely kill us. I just hope the large 4 year contracts that our players were given when they signed for us have a fluctuations in what wages they receive according to whether we are in the championship or a league 1 club. If that's not the case then we are bang in trouble and these feckers running this circus get exactly what their unrealistic business model deserves. What a total shower.

Bottom.

Arseoyle.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast