+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bottom of the table

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Bottom.

Arseoyle.
    Bumbum , Anal Athletic FC ,

I understand also that the club has losses running currently at £4m .

This from a position when they took over the club in 2017 of debt free and £3m in the bank .

So these prudent and "nothing crazy " owners in real terms over their tenure have lost the club £7m in four years with further huge losses this season to come .

At a minimum and catching fair wind in the summer transfer market they are staring down the barrel of losses of £10m which more than likely will be nearer £12m over the last four years .

Losses of £12m with the club back in league one and half it's historical support watching Jeff next season .

So next time Khalad tells you at a forum that he's impressed with the way the club is run in a sustainable way it may well be a good idea to remind him of the facts .

So without the emotional attachment from the owners for the town or the club I'd suggest we are in a bit of trouble .

I'd also like to ask Conway with such losses in the background why he thought it was a smart move to recruit a forward from Belgium with a historic record of injuries since he was 18 years old and put him on a long contract that paid him £8k a week for 20 minutes of football so far this entire season .

The truth is the club's not run in a sustainable way and they have done " something crazy " .

A time bomb is ticking away here and it's set to go off ....... Pretty soon in my opinion .

They are going to loan the club some money at mega interest just like they did elsewhere - allegedly.

They will make money one way or another.

Good luck Luke Goddard with your campaign, Im right behind you (pardon the expression).

YANKS OUT!!

I'd also like to add that these losses are set against catching every break it was possible to catch .

An instant return to the championship with a very popular and inspiring HC and a very promising and talented young group of players .

A championship survival unprecedented in the history of the club .

A fifth placed finish and the fourth best season in the club's history based on stadiums empty , 5 subs , a coach who found a way to win games with a style of football nobody could get to grips with .

All spunked away along with the money .

These are the FACTS .

They've failed because they are completely incompetent at running football clubs .

Everyone of their stable of clubs is failing almost from the minute they took over .

Fans walking away , losing football games and money although not their money .

They need to go , they need to be shown the door unless they are prepared to change strategy .

By all means keep your money in your pocket but their model is failing on every count its possible to fail .

They've run out of luck and money under this model .

They have to be made accountable because unless something changes very soon we are heading towards mid 1970's territory and that's at a minimum .

You think it can't happen here ?

I bet fans of Oldham Athletic and Bradford City thought the same too at one time .

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    They are going to loan the club some money at mega interest just like they did elsewhere - allegedly.

They will make money one way or another.

Good luck Luke Goddard with your campaign, Im right behind you (pardon the expression).

YANKS OUT!!
    Owners of football clubs cannot loan money to their respective clubs.
    It’s against EFL rules.
    What owners can do is gift money to their club.

As you will have noticed Animal , I've said for year's on here that no matter what division we find ourselves in, 25pts minimum has to be reached by Xmas to at least give us a chance of the playoffs ! Or avoiding relegation , we are stuck on a miserly 14 at present ( games in hand of course !!) , I'm starting to think we won't reach 25pts now in a full season, no matter how many clubs get point deductions or god forbid going out of business , we are doomed , there's a very good chance of our Club dropping through the divisions, and a strong possibility of going out of the League altogether , I say " I'm not bothered anymore now" deep down I am though , 65 years following the Reds , home and away is not easily forgotten or something you can just dismiss , These clowns no nothing , it's not their Club or Town, they are an absolute disgrace , and the best thing for all is for them to move away, I certainly don't want any apology from them , it would be hollow and meaningless ,
    They Have to Leave.
    Last edited by Romared; 16-01-2022 at 02:05 PM.

Watch this space nudger mi owd.
    Tha full of sunshine regarding these charlatans

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    As you will have noticed Animal , I've said for year's on here that no matter what division we find ourselves in, 25pts minimum has to be reached by Xmas to at least give us a chance of the playoffs ! Or avoiding relegation , we are stuck on a miserly 14 at present ( games in hand of course !!) , I'm starting to think we won't reach 25pts now in a full season, no matter how many clubs get point deductions or god forbid going out of business , we are doomed , there's a very good chance of our Club dropping through the divisions, and a strong possibility of going out of the League altogether , I say " I'm not bothered anymore now" deep down I am though , 65 years following the Reds , home and away is not easily forgotten or something you can just dismiss , These clowns no nothing , it's not their Club or Town, they are an absolute disgrace , and the best thing for all is for them to move away, I certainly don't want any apology from them , it would be hollow and meaningless ,
    They Have to Leave.
    Roma

I've said this many times before on here that the model and the idea behind it is pretty sound .

I'd even agree with the ownership that the style of football last season was detrimental to the value of some of our players and wasn't a style of football that back in stadiums we'd have liked and longevity of still winning games with that style was optimistic at best .

But you have to put some science behind these decisions and manage it correctly .

The same as you can't sell three or four of your best players in one window like we've done twice both under Cryne and PMG and go out and replace them with 9 or 10 young and inexperienced players and compete in the championship .

The problem is they stick rigidly to this strategy to the point the money's finally run out and we are left with a group of players now that aren't worth the losses endured .

This is the end of the road , you can't kick the can down the road anymore .

When they did slightly tweek it both Solly and Matty James proved to be good signings that helped the young lads enormously both on the field and off it .

They don't see how those two players actually adds value to the young group , they only see no sell on value with such as Solly and James .

I'd bet fair money with Solly and James in the side this season we'd have more than a fighting chance of survival or even two or three other experienced players if not those two .

Where this differs considerably from PC is that when he made mistakes which he did , it cost him money and the pain of seeing his club fail .

That's not the case today , failure will cost the club money , the fans the pain and nobody else .

The financial numbers no longer stack up and that position is going to get considerably worse once this season ends under ownership with no emotional attachment to the club or town with five other clubs in their stable .

Anytime fans are walking away to the extent our fans currently are and will be doing next season then you need to change direction and strategy or leave .

They aren't going to turn this around anytime soon , they've had all the breaks it's possible to have to not only be doing far better on the field , from a financial perspective too and have the fans backing and they still well and truly fecked things up .

Not fit to run this club , absolute amateurs and what's more they won't change or even hurt like we are right now .

I'm with you , of course I care , how could we not care about something that's played a major part in our lives .

The model?

What happens when your assets depreciate in value? How do you reinvest? How do you recover and grow your club? It’s flawed. You need to mix it up with youth and experience. This game has been played for almost 150 years. They need to stop trying to reinvent the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    The model?

What happens when your assets depreciate in value? How do you reinvest? How do you recover and grow your club? It’s flawed. You need to mix it up with youth and experience. This game has been played for almost 150 years. They need to stop trying to reinvent the wheel.
    The Model isn't that much different to what we've done for 135 years Ethel .

We've always sold out best players to sustain the club and owt left over went on the replacements .

Where it differs is the age threshold we limit ourselves to and the way we manage or should I say not manage transfer windows .

One of the best pieces of business this club ever did was to sell David Currie to Forest in 1990 when we were bottom of the old second division .

That money allowed us to bring in Taggart , Fleming , Saville and O'Connell and they got us out of the shyte .

The difference is at that time the emphasis was always about on the field , getting results and maintaining our divisional status .

The emphasis today is to stack the club with a high number of young players hoping some will be shifted out on decent profit in the short term .

The field of play is secondary as confessed by the CEO .

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast