+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Bottom of the table

The same C E O that didn't even consider the prospect of relegation , do your homework Khaled , check the league tables , answer on the spot questions , no rehearsals here owd lad , what tha sees is what tha gets , more importantly show some RESPECT ,

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Owners of football clubs cannot loan money to their respective clubs.
    It’s against EFL rules.
    What owners can do is gift money to their club.
    How did Patrick Cryne loan money to the club over the years to keep it alive and then be paid back the loans as part of the purchase deal of the arseoyles ?--if they ever pay the money.

When these owners first arrived at the club - I thought fank foook the Cryne Era is over.
    Fifte.en years of a rollercoaster ride of peaks knowing full well that a trough was just over the hill.
    1000s of fans drifting away because they knew the club wasn’t going anywhere.
    These owners have got money and they will prevent that sort of thing ever happening again.
    The fan base will build from here.
    We no longer will be anchored to the bottom six of the Championship looking at which 3 are most likely to go down.
    From now on it will be a steady climb upwards.

But now.
    We may as well have someone like Patrick owning the club who unfortunately didn’t have the money to sustain success - other than have owners that have money but won’t spend any even when the club is sinking - the bubble has burst - the fans can clearly see this and they are AGAIN walking away.
    The credibility of these owners has been severely damaged to the extent it may never be repaired.
    Mr Cryne didnt have the money ? He was in the Top 175 rich list North West area Sunday Times early 2000 , rather have him anyday before this current lot , i say this as i only was in his company a few times at supporters meetings , i did find him to be a strange insular type , however his love for BFC was always apparent ,

The problem as I've said before about wanting the owners out is only half the problem .

An individual or even another consortium shows interest in purchasing the club then obviously a " Protest Group " has some considerable legs .

It's a question I hope to put to Luke G and the group at the Feb 1st meeting at The Garrison .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The problem as I've said before about wanting the owners out is only half the problem .

An individual or even another consortium shows interest in purchasing the club then obviously a " Protest Group " has some considerable legs .

It's a question I hope to put to Luke G and the group at the Feb 1st meeting at The Garrison .
    What I personally think Is I can stomach being crap as a football team. What I would like to see is the match day experience enhanced whereby me and the daughter (11) can go 2-3 hours early , have something to eat etc and watch the game. If the club showed it was making positive steps to make the product better overall , I think fans could go with things more. Put it this way, to go in the legends suite for barrow would’ve set me back £200 for 3 tickets!

Macclesfield have a better match day experience and we need to make it so that the football almost becomes secondary so that you can look forward to the game because of the day itself

If the club - in whoever’s ownership- were to get every fan (10000) to spend £10 , that’s revenue of £100000 per game - another £2.3m in revenue p/a

Like I said , if every fan out £1000 a year in that’s £10m p/a

Quote Originally Posted by renno View Post
    What I personally think Is I can stomach being crap as a football team. What I would like to see is the match day experience enhanced whereby me and the daughter (11) can go 2-3 hours early , have something to eat etc and watch the game. If the club showed it was making positive steps to make the product better overall , I think fans could go with things more. Put it this way, to go in the legends suite for barrow would’ve set me back £200 for 3 tickets!

Macclesfield have a better match day experience and we need to make it so that the football almost becomes secondary so that you can look forward to the game because of the day itself

If the club - in whoever’s ownership- were to get every fan (10000) to spend £10 , that’s revenue of £100000 per game - another £2.3m in revenue p/a

Like I said , if every fan out £1000 a year in that’s £10m p/a
    This model wouldn’t be miles off as turnover was £14m on last set of books. The option could be extended beyond ST holders and to the town in general, as let’s be fair it’s one of the only things we hav3 !

When I say Patrick didn’t have enough money - I’m obviously talking comparatively.
    Remember Hill - I’m shopping for players at Lidl and Aldi.

With what I can gather Patrick gave the club between £2 to £3 million per year to keep things going.
    I suspect he lost £££millions owning Barnsley.

But we have all witnessed (with heartache) the conveyor belt of talented loan players that has come through the club during the Patrick era - that were sold by their parent clubs for peanuts - but Patrick just didn’t have the money to buy them.

From the start of the PMG ownership I thought that they had come in to the club to fill that gap.
    That is to say - the Patrick way of doing things would continue - loads of loan signings coming through the club - but if a loan signing showed promise they would be purchased.
    If that method had been adopted we would have players now at the club of the same calibre of players such as Drinkwater, Pearson and Trippier.

All in all - the recruitment method that Patrick employed was BETTER than what we see now - which were loans of young players mixed with a few experienced players.
    But it had a huge fault line that if any talent did come through the club on loan there wasn’t the money there to secure that player.
    Basically the recruitment methods used by Patrick only needed tweaking by PMG.
    They didn’t need to be thrown out with the bath water.

With what I can gather Patrick gave the club between £2 to £3 million per year to keep things going.
    I suspect he lost £££millions owning Barnsley.
    i seem to recall in the various calculations around the time of the arseoyles rocking up that Patrick Cryne was owed several million to repay loans made to the club over 14 years. I'm sure some quoted £6 million. There were a series of smaller payments made as gifts over the years to ease cash flow that were not part of the loans.

Did I dream all this ?

Owners of football clubs cannot loan money to their respective clubs.
    It’s against EFL rules.
    What owners can do is gift money to their club.
    Precisely why Hoyle walked from Huddersfield and is now bankrolling the club from aback seat

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Yeah and it angers me to read about Conway dismissing our position with comments along the lines of 'you have to take the highs and the lows' etc.
    They won't accept any responsibility will they for how low we've gone this season.
    I hope conway realises this also applies to season ticket renewals.

Wouldn't it be great if 8k of us could send in an email informing them of our disillusionment with the club and do what the poster earlier did and cancel his ST. To be honest I only go now because I dont want to tell those around me ive pretty much had it with the club. Believe me some of them are the most passionate BFC supporters I know and they are feeling the same. Maybe this year will be the year I actually decide to give it a miss.

I agree with Nudger ... When the new owners arrived, they made the right noises, had the financial mean to make a progressive improvement to the club. In reality nothing has changed and their true colours have been revealed. What happened the second half of last season was little short of incredible but that was a collection of good fortune. Had we got the striker we went for Oloure the Dike wouldnt have joined us. Ismeal and Dike gave us the lift we needed and the team believed and pulled together. Now we have had a couple of wet blanket managers and no real leaders in the side its a bleak outlook and as we are not going to throw money at the problem relegation again is almost unavoidable in my eyes. If that happens, thanks but no thanks Conway .. you gotta take the ups with the downs right.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast