+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Bottom of the table

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    i seem to recall in the various calculations around the time of the arseoyles rocking up that Patrick Cryne was owed several million to repay loans made to the club over 14 years. I'm sure some quoted £6 million. There were a series of smaller payments made as gifts over the years to ease cash flow that were not part of the loans.

Did I dream all this ?
    I seem to remember Patrick acted as the guarantor with the loans coming from possibly a bank of finance company .

None the less it was his neck on the block should repayments not be made .

Quote Originally Posted by b1gduk View Post
    I hope conway realises this also applies to season ticket renewals.

Wouldn't it be great if 8k of us could send in an email informing them of our disillusionment with the club and do what the poster earlier did and cancel his ST. To be honest I only go now because I dont want to tell those around me ive pretty much had it with the club. Believe me some of them are the most passionate BFC supporters I know and they are feeling the same. Maybe this year will be the year I actually decide to give it a miss.

I agree with Nudger ... When the new owners arrived, they made the right noises, had the financial mean to make a progressive improvement to the club. In reality nothing has changed and their true colours have been revealed. What happened the second half of last season was little short of incredible but that was a collection of good fortune. Had we got the striker we went for Oloure the Dike wouldnt have joined us. Ismeal and Dike gave us the lift we needed and the team believed and pulled together. Now we have had a couple of wet blanket managers and no real leaders in the side its a bleak outlook and as we are not going to throw money at the problem relegation again is almost unavoidable in my eyes. If that happens, thanks but no thanks Conway .. you gotta take the ups with the downs right.
    Shocking atmosphere around the club , fan base and in the town Duk .

Never known such apathy since the mid 70's and even then we'd two or three good lads in the team , Mick Butler , Bobby Doyle and Ali Millar mixed in with the dross .

The connection with the fans and town has gone .

Our fans are walking away and they'll take some getting back once they've gone .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Shocking atmosphere around the club , fan base and in the town Duk .

Never known such apathy since the mid 70's and even then we'd two or three good lads in the team , Mick Butler , Bobby Doyle and Ali Millar mixed in with the dross .

The connection with the fans and town has gone .

Our fans are walking away and they'll take some getting back once they've gone .
    I fully expect another "its in the blood" type campaign again this spring and the emotional hard sell because its all they have to go on right now. Its certainly not the football.

Quote Originally Posted by b1gduk View Post
    I fully expect another "its in the blood" type campaign again this spring and the emotional hard sell because its all they have to go on right now. Its certainly not the football.
    Yes that'll be the case Duk. I reckon they've lost many of our fans respect to the point where renewing their season ticket is not a priority anymore, hard sell or not. The chickens have well and truly come home to roost with the shambles we've witnessed both on and off the pitch this season.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345