+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bottom of the table

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    What if anything do you think they could do Nudger, to try and repair some of the damage that they've created. Which might finally get our fans back on side ?.

They aren't going to change their appalling greedy and selfish way of doing things, and for me they have gone way too far now.

If there was any doubt, it killed it for me when they made 'those comments' about finances rather than the teams progress to the Play offs.
    Well since I posted it - I’ve had a few further thoughts.
    The only way that I can see the owners getting the fans back on board is for them to apologise to the fans and openly go through the events that has caused this damaging season - and then reassure the fans that those mistakes won’t happen again.

IMO there doesn't need to be massive changes.
    But there is obviously a need for change.

For a start - the priority, beyond all other things, has to be the success of the 1st Team.

I’ve no problems about recruiting young players with a view to them being sold on at a later date to make a profit.
    But the success of the 1st Team has to be a priority.

Any change in team tactics has to be introduced over a season and successful tactics should not be ditched at the drop of a hat.
    Managers should be allowed to manage in the style they think best.

I would also like to see a sprinkling of influential older players - say 3 - that can help the younger players develop.
    And if that means the owners have to spend some of their own money to bring 2 or 3 quality older players in - then so be it.

These owners can be summed up by the old saying …….
    …… ‘spoiling the ship for a pennyworth of tar’
    Last edited by Young_Nudger; 15-01-2022 at 08:15 PM.