+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We didnt get two new CBs in place

Quote Originally Posted by toonviking View Post
    ... for this game, so its us, Burnley and Norwich down I think.

Watford have much more quality than us, so they will stay up. Leeds and Everton will pick up enough points to stay up.

If we had replaced Lacelles before this game, we would have won. We didnt so he cost us 2 points.
    Can't disagree with that either sadly.

I do think we'll get new CB in this window but I dont' think it'll be either of the names we've been linked and exited about.

But at this stage, almost anyone is better than what we have.

I think were at a point where we have to consider the position were in.

We are most likely going down.

From now we need to look at players that also can take one season in the chimpo.

The bridges are burt for these lessers CL-club players, looking for a massive wage.

There's 2 weeks left in the window but it is hard to see how next week is not "last chance saloon".

Basically, we are already down from yesterday's result. So the only way to reverse that damage is with an unimaginable sequence of wins from here on out.

When Norwich and Watford around us are picking 3 points and we are losing 2 more, the steep task is now virtually impossible. We are not mathematically down yet but we might as well be with the turnaround in form we need from this point.

I thought that I'd feel better today but I feel much worse. I cannot criticise the owners for not trying. But this is where we probably needed a DoF to lead the approach in the Transfer Market and lined up more CB deals; ready to pounce on Jan 1.

Here we are on Jan 16 still sucking our thumbs in a barrel of ti'ts.

If glory CBs like Batman, Carlos, Umt-itty & Co won't come, I'd actually accept solid CBs from the Championship because ours are proven to not even be good enough for League One.
    Last edited by trinitoon; 16-01-2022 at 07:08 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)