+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Fleetwood Town Post Match Thoughts

I'm home now from Fleetwood so I've had another chance to reflect on today.

A loss that shouldn't have happened but, that is football and those you expect to win you lose and those you think might be tough, Pompey 4-0, Sunderland 5-1, you win, football sends you bloody crazy at times but we still love it for whatever it delivers.

We're 3rd or 2nd if you use crash's laptop , either way we have the chance to correct that Tuesday night so back to the drawing board as they say. If Warney gets it wrong on many levels against Lincoln then he's only himself to blame but, I think he's learned a lot form today so must surely be hurting like some of us are.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Sads scored a hat trick in a free role against Man City and hasn’t played the same number of minutes as Cheio
    A team of kids and Ogbene has played as a wing back all season yet nobody would complain about Ferguson not scoring more often. Doesn't undermine the argument that Ogbene can play off Smudge.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    We certainly missed the centre of midfield today. Wiles on the ball was fantastic but he wasn't on it often enough but on the downside he písses me off with his theatrics. Rathbone wasnt the same.

The rest of the players were the same as before.

It was the engine that we were missing today.

Ferguson is a great signing

Barlaser is quality through and through.

REG was brilliant but lost his man for their goal.
    So why didn't Warne use an eager Lindsay and Odofin for these two today? Warne to blame for that mess oh and Wiles and Rathbone for MIA.
    Last edited by Brin; 15-01-2022 at 08:06 PM.

Fans fighting in the away end .

So glad i don't go to away games anymore.

Not missed it one bit.

This isn’t the time for experimental formations

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Shows the club has to get a striker, sooner now than later, Grigg has not been the answer.
    I think we need to start Smith & Ladapo as the front pairing on Tuesday, let Ladapo put
    himself in the shop window.
    Ogbene needs to learn how to cross a ball into the area, away from the keeper.
    I still stick with this comment

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    I still stick with this comment
    But is there anybody available that is better than Grigg?

If they are better why are they available?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Yes but, it’s been said many times before on this message board, PW is the one that sees the players in training.

So what if Ladapo is mooching about with a face like a slapped arse and chip on his shoulder?

Still play him?
    As I understand it PW job title has the word manager in it, so it is his job to manage the situation in a way that minimises any damage to the team, at the moment he doesn't seem to be doing that regards the Ladapo situation. He says the whole club were surprised by his transfer request, really?? Players don't wake up and say I think I will put a transfer request in today, something has been wrong over a period of time. Kayode is not the answer, never in a million years if anyone things he is good enough at this point in his career to be a main choice striker for a top team in league 1 then please stop watching football you haven't got a clue.
    As for the subs today, Rathbone was running on empty, Wiles has just come back from illness/injury and took a bad knock first half, fo them to be on the pitch in the last ten minutes was a very silly risky decision especially when we had two excellent replacements on the bench.

We need to strengthen if we don't the best we will get is 5th or 6th and for me we will have thrown away a great chance

That has got to be Warnie's worst ever post match interview.

Distracted, evasive, no-eye contact and loads of nervous chatter.

He is worried.

I can't stand Lee Johnson but he has played blinder here. totally unsettled us with this Ladapo situation

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    That has got to be Warnie's worst ever post match interview.

Distracted, evasive, no-eye contact and loads of nervous chatter.

He is worried.

I can't stand Lee Johnson but he has played blinder here. totally unsettled us with this Ladapo situation
    No, giving us Grigg!

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast