+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Fleetwood Town Post Match Thoughts

In PWs post match Interviews he’s said there are a lot of distractions atm and he and the club have been had a lot to deal with off the pitch over the last week.
    A Player wanting to leave, others refusing to sign new contracts, he’s never off his phone from 8am to 11pm each day speaking to agents, trying to retain the services of Will Grigg, fearful of one or more star players getting poached etc etc

Im going to give pW and the club some slack, some breathing space and the chance to get the ship sailing in the right direction again on the pitch. All things considered I think they deserve that at the very least

Unbelievable

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    No. Your right. We were ****e and were lucky to score the 15 goals in those 5 games 😛
    15 goals ?

I think the reaction is fair given the high standards we have set. Numerous people maybe on here, but certainly on Twitter, have made statements that this is the best team in their lifetime or certainly since the Ronnie/Tony Towner era.
    The potents were, and are,very good, …BUT the facts are that we have won nothing yet.

We (me included) have been gushing in our praise for our talented squad. The standard has been set and the bar is very high, which means that any drop in standards is noticed quickly.

In some ways it is better to take the middle road. You know the saying about meeting triumph and disaster and treating those two imposters just the same, BUT it is highly emotive this great game of ours. We react with our guts, with emotion, which is fine providing it is not offensive (verbally or physically) but in the morning it’s history, it’s on to the next game.

Providing everyone reacts with the dignity that they themselves would wish to be treated, it is not wrong to criticise.

It has been said that we are a championship team in all but name, but it is fair to say that recently we have fallen short of our outstanding standards set in November and a large part of December. You saw the same vulnerabilities at home to Stockport, Accrington and yesterday at Fleetwood. We have stopped scoring and this was our Achilles heel in the run in last season.

Our defence has been exemplary particularly away from home, but, mistakes will be made and punished but we keep missing so many chances to have rendered opposition goals meaningless.
    Ultra critical yes, but we are still in a great position. Two points a game at this stage and we really need to push on in order to set us up for the final run in.

It used to be the standard for us to flatter to deceive. The old story of “ just when it looked like we were going to win or hold on, the other team scored”. The ability to see games out or to win when you are not at your best, but at Accrington and again yesterday, we reverted to type.

Whether this Ladapo situation is creating a behind the scenes problem I don’t know but it is definitely a distraction, as is of course, the transfer window in general. However, they are professionals paid to do a job, and on that basis, the likes of Ladapo and Tilt, while they are still here, must play if selected, that is, if they are going to maintain or improve levels of team performance. They must not be left on the bench or even out of the squad to prove a point.

For me though criticism is good if it is constructive, an invitation to improve if you like, but not this pointless criticism or winding up just for the sake of it.

Make no mistake, we can make this a season to remember rather than one to look back and think “if only”.

No. Your right. We were ****e and were lucky to score the 15 goals in those 5 games 😛
    so you have taken off your rose tinted glasses then .I’ve not said we were ****e, I’ve said not playing well . There is a difference.

Well said Nardendee.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    In PWs post match Interviews he’s said there are a lot of distractions atm and he and the club have been had a lot to deal with off the pitch over the last week.
    A Player wanting to leave, others refusing to sign new contracts, he’s never off his phone from 8am to 11pm each day speaking to agents, trying to retain the services of Will Grigg, fearful of one or more star players getting poached etc etc

Im going to give pW and the club some slack, some breathing space and the chance to get the ship sailing in the right direction again on the pitch. All things considered I think they deserve that at the very least
    I read somewhere that contract talks were on hold, so why would Warne make this excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    15 goals ?
    Yes from the 5 games I mentioned
    4 Vs Crewe
    5 Vs Gillingham
    1 Vs Cambridge
    2 Vs Bolton
    3 Vs burton

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    so you have taken off your rose tinted glasses then .I’ve not said we were ****e, I’ve said not playing well . There is a difference.
    Haha you say tomato I say tomato. How many levels of play do we have?

Yes from the 5 games I mentioned
    4 Vs Crewe
    5 Vs Gillingham
    1 Vs Cambridge
    2 Vs Bolton
    3 Vs burton
    Tha's just passed the test Cayton, to become a supply teacher, start tomorrow, don't forget thi tin hat.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast