+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Fleetwood Town Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Ben Wiles
    13.5%
    With all due respect to the lad, the guy who I feel had the greatest potential, how on earth did he get on the shortlist let alone get 13.5% of the vote? Mind boggling that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Looked it up Cam, from Paul Davis in Advertiser 26th September 2021.

Paul Warne said contract talks on hold, until around new year.
    So basically then ELK, as the New Year is upon us that is why PW is using it as an excuse? You'd questioned that in your post.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Depends where you read it ELK. Somewhere suspect like Twitter/FB or somewhere reliable like on here or the Tivoli bog walls
    F.A.O. Camiller
    Just picked up local free paper, called the weekender, sister paper to Rotherham Advertiser, dated Friday 14th January.
    Regarding new contracts for players, printed -
    Paul Warne hopes of tying players to new Rotherham United deals this week have been dashed.
    The manager has been in contract talks with three of his first team squad and believed that two of them
    were close to signing on the dotted line.
    That is no longer the case and negotiations have been put on hold until next month. [February]
    Paul Warne reportedly said, " I thought we were going to be pretty near on a couple, but the sounds
    I'm getting from the players advisors now, are that they'd rather wait for the January transfer
    window to be out of the way ".
    Warne added " I think the agents are hopeful we will sell these players in the window, That won't happen.
    If its the merry dance we have to do, I'll talk to the players again in February.
    If the appetite is still there from the club to re-sign them, we'll try to. At the moment, the agents are in
    no rush to do it ".
    Meanwhile, Warne is anticipating no new arrivals coming through the door at AESSEAL New York Stadium
    this month as long as he holds on to all of his main men.
    Reported Warne said, " I've made bids for no-one and there have been no bids at all for any of our players
    [except Wigan Athletic loanee Curtis Tilt] ".
    Warne said, " If you go back to my interviews in December , I said then I wanted no ins and no outs, thats
    still the same. I don't want to lose any of my players and I don't need any new players, if I don't lose any.
    If we did lose a player for a substantial amount of money I'd be able to flip some of it, and bring
    some one in.
    Until this time, we're not bidding on anyone "'
    Regarding Curtis Tilt, the Millers could sell the player to another club, other than Wigan Athletic.
    The terms of Tilts loan deal, January 15th was the cut - off point for summoning Tilt back to the NYS.

So there we have a report, from the Rotherham Advertiser sister paper, The Weekender.

This was on the back page of my on line copy of the Advertiser from last Thursday (13th) so this is old news.
    Seems to be brinkmanship by agents.

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    This was on the back page of my on line copy of the Advertiser from last Thursday (13th) so this is old news.
    Seems to be brinkmanship by agents.
    That's why I said sister paper to Rotherham Advertiser Narendee, the free Weekender out next day, how many people
    buy the Rotherham Advertiser, where as nothing for the weekender, same news but free to the public.
    Weekender used to be out on a Thursday, same as the Rotherham Advertiser, but since the pandemic comes out on
    a Friday.
    Plus the Advertiser hoping people buy a copy, instead of the freebie on a Friday.
    Would have thought a poster on Millers Mad would have put this information on the site earlier, if they knew.

I had more important matters to attend to. It’s not news is it. Agents have too much power.

ps it costs £1.20 a copy
    Pps never heard of the weekender but don’t live locally.
    Last edited by Nardendee; 18-01-2022 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    Very disappointing.

Reverting back to type I’m afraid, conceding bloody stupid goal again last kick effectively. Just when it looked like a draw, they score. Cannot paper over this I’m afraid.

Kayode isn’t the answer. Lost their mojo. Fed up, absolutely fed up. 6 points coughed up to them this season + losing at Accrington is not what I expect of a promotion chasing team.
    Been overlooked in the disappointment, you're right it was a bad goal to give away. Those launch it in type crosses should be bread and butter for defenders

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Been overlooked in the disappointment, you're right it was a bad goal to give away. Those launch it in type crosses should be bread and butter for defenders
    This was a knee jerk reaction not long after the game. Frustration in throwing the game away. Thing is though the game has gone and we have a chance to put it right tonight.

Or maybe not!!! 😒

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819