+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How have we got to this ?

How have we got to this ?

3 players playing out of position, 3 players on the bench who played 90 mins less than 24 hrs ago, a player recalled from loan at a non league club to make the numbers up on the bench. Club frantically trying to off load 2 players ( would be 3 if Macfazdean was not injured) Thomas and Gomes who Artell only just brought to the club, Owen Dale had to be sold as refused to play for the club, Academy graduates refusing to sign and Zak Williams openly requesting to be allowed to leave. Even to a die hard Crewe fan this is truly pathetic.

Artell is the common denominator here truly incompetent I would not trust him with anymore signings or a single penny of our paltry transfer funds available, move him aside and let Alex Neil takeover for the rest of the season, before he gets involved in anymore crap recruitment.

Yawn,
    Same old, same old!

Quote Originally Posted by RedandWhiteSpartan View Post
    Yawn,
    Same old, same old!
    At a time when the club can Ill afford to drop points yesterday WAS 2 points dropped , and we failed to win a eminently winnable game due to being unable to field a team capable of winning it. The starting 11 was weak because of to many players playing out of position, the bench was woeful, yes at battling performance it was but did not need to be a comfortable 3 points were there for the taking.

Ahhh, so the solution is that we sack Artell and appoint someone who knows what they are doing....like you Wartman.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandWhiteSpartan View Post
    Ahhh, so the solution is that we sack Artell and appoint someone who knows what they are doing....like you Wartman.

Yes definitely somebody who knows what they are doing and not me I have not got time at the moment to busy doing my own job correctly. Had I have preformed like Dave I would have been a gonna for sure.

Why is it all so black and white?
    Artell is by no means perfect but he has done a decent job over the 5 years. It is not the easiest job in the world all things considered and you're talking about the man's livelihood! Fortunately we don't live in the US and people cannot be sacked on a whim.
    Patience is a virtue but it can be acquired!

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Why is it all so black and white?
    Artell is by no means perfect but he has done a decent job over the 5 years. It is not the easiest job in the world all things considered and you're talking about the man's livelihood! Fortunately we don't live in the US and people cannot be sacked on a whim.
    Patience is a virtue but it can be acquired!

It is Black and White we are where we are because of him and therefore he has to go. His recruitment, man management and team selections have been nothing short of abysmal he fails on every single point I don’t care what he has done in the past it’s the here and now. If he is allowed to continue we are going down !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    It is Black and White we are where we are because of him and therefore he has to go. His recruitment, man management and team selections have been nothing short of abysmal he fails on every single point I don’t care what he has done in the past it’s the here and now. If he is allowed to continue we are going down !!!!
    It would be interesting to know if you thought he did a good job in his previous season as manager. For me, it is not black and white. You can point to some indifferent signings in the summer but to some extent he was shafted by circumstances not entirely unrelated to the pandemic. It is correct to say he is not perfect. Who is? My support is entirely with the manager and the work he is doing. We are not in a position to be signing players willy nilly. No manager here will get it right every time but I would say over the 4 or 5 years he has been at the helm he has got a lot more right than wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    It would be interesting to know if you thought he did a good job in his previous season as manager. For me, it is not black and white. You can point to some indifferent signings in the summer but to some extent he was shafted by circumstances not entirely unrelated to the pandemic. It is correct to say he is not perfect. Who is? My support is entirely with the manager and the work he is doing. We are not in a position to be signing players willy nilly. No manager here will get it right every time but I would say over the 4 or 5 years he has been at the helm he has got a lot more right than wrong
    We need 1.4 points a game from now on in to give us 50 points. Surely not biggest ask? I’m with Timmy, Dave is good honest manager.

Quote Originally Posted by CroutonRouge View Post
    We need 1.4 points a game from now on in to give us 50 points. Surely not biggest ask? I’m with Timmy, Dave is good honest manager.

As part of my training I have been taught how to assess a persons body language, and individual who can’t make eye contact with you is almost certainly telling lies, I will leave you to assess the latest press conference on the OS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast