+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Relegation

Like I said, its time to stop offering peanuts for the 2nd best players in Europe, pissing clubs off.

Time to start looking at younger more raw talent, that we can educate in the chimpo, under the right guidance

Most of us thought we were going down this season under Ashley/Bruce anyway so i'd say we're better off going down with new ambitious owners + Eddie Howe

Beat Leeds and we'll have some hope though. Apparently the Everton board are meeting to discuss agent Rafa...gutted as we're playing them on 8th Feb

That team has relegation written all over it. Too many not putting shifts in the only bright spot today was Dummet getting 90mins in

So people saying ‘that’s it, we’re down’… you gonna accept the players not trying on the pitch?

No, you won’t and shouldn’t… I have to admit that yesterdays result was a real kick in the teeth… I called a late equaliser and I am sure most people on here said “I bet…” when we hit 80 mins 1-0 up.

BUT… there are still a lot of points to play for and things can change rapidly, so don’t accept we’re going down without a fight FFS… don’t ask the club to start buying for the Championship in mind… we get at least 1 creative midfielder in and 2 CB in and this team would look a lot better immediately.

Transfer window is getting to the stage where clubs have to stop playing games to get more money and sell if they are going to sell, so they have time to bring in a replacement… so I think the next week could be very busy… at least I hope it is.

Agree that the club has got to accept they will need to overpay, not stupidly, but they have to go in, from Monday, with their best and final offers for players… 24 hours for clubs to accept or they move on to the next target in that position and mean it.

We might miss out on targets, but the next clubs we approach will know that they accept or lose out on the sale, no gamesmanship Bo!!ocks possible, but offer fair prices that clubs should find hard to refuse.

If we don’t have at least Lascelles and Longstaff on the bench at Leeds then I’m worried, ideally I’d have Schar and Shelvey jointing them before the window is shut too.

This is a double edged sword. We needed players BEFORE this Watford game so we could win it. They couldnt pull it off.

If we had won this game, you could still sell in the fact that were on the front foot in this relegation fight. If you look at the table now, were much deeper in the mud now, most likely rock bottom.

We dont know the full extent as to why we couldnt get this players over the line, before this make or brake game. However, there is only a few possible reasons:

1. Maybe they didnt want to pay £50-70 mil for some of the best defenders around.

2. The players were sceptical to join a relegation fight.

I dont think wage is part of the problem.

1. Prices will now be even higher I guess, when they see the sh|t were in. And the fact that we pay £25mil for mediocre players like Wood will not help us.

2. The players that were sceptical at joining at Friday, will have made up their mind by now.

I dont see why they would pull off these deals now. Most of them are probably Dead by now.

Other than paying £20-30mil for mediocre players from clubs at our level, I dont think the ones in charge of transfers will pull anything off.

They made a good start with Trippier. Fantastic signing. But after that its been more and more obvious that the team in charge of transfers is fumbling around too much. In fact I think the signing of Trippier was probably done more or less without any help from those in charge of transfers. He wanted to go back to England and Simeone had promised him this move. Eddie Howe have spent time with Simeone and AM, to educate himself. We could offer Trippier the wage he wanted. Also, EH and Trippier knew each other from the days at Burnley. Newcastle ticked all hes boxes.

Tripper a side, its starting to look like they have failed massively this window, if you ask me.

Maybe its good for them with a season in the Chimpo, so they can learn how to run a club and deal with transfers.

A supercomputer has predicted the outcome of this season. With us ending 19th with 28 points.

Further is has predicted a chance of relegation to 79% for us.

Thats bang on what I think, in terms of chance of relegation.

Yep nailed on, can't see us surviving now. Been waiting for the tide to turn but it never turned, EH had 10 games now. I don't see the transfer window saving us now either, in fact I can see panic buys on the final day of the transfer window which will leave it even more chaotic.

What a fu(king mess.

No boubt. Obviously there is money, so I guess its partly because the people in charge only have 100 days of expirience, but mostly because we have one foot in the chimpo.

When they bought Wood with 15 days left of the window, I fear for who they will buy with 5 hours left.

Quote Originally Posted by toonviking View Post
    Like I said, its time to stop offering peanuts for the 2nd best players in Europe, pissing clubs off.

Time to start looking at younger more raw talent, that we can educate in the chimpo, under the right guidance
    If or when, according to you, we go down, don’t assume we will bounce straight back up, we could be down there for a few seasons. I disagree that we should accept relegation and start buying players for the Championship, WRONG attitude! We need to fight till the very end or until it’s mathematically impossible to stay up. There’s still 2 weeks left! We,as fans,have no actual idea what’s going on behind the scenes, we only have crap journalism to go on, so I’m staying positive at least till the end of the window, then we will see where we are, and how the new owners have done.

As I posted elsewhere, the only way to get Lascelles benched is to get 2 x CBs in otherwise EH will play him. Just saying'

Lille is a waste of time so we must move on.

Rumour is we're looking for a keeper. And we've got to hope that is just a rumour. Our stock of keepers aren't great but even the worst one is better at his job than some of our centre backs are at theirs. So it just suggests a scattergun approach rather than focused recruiting.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)