+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pulling together

Quote Originally Posted by Threefivetwo View Post
    People that spout this happy clapper stuff are hilarious and idiotic in equal measure. I suspect there are fans that recycle this garbage who are happy to support many clubs as long as they are winning and/or successful of sorts. True fans will support a club through thick and thin.

Because people are true fans doesn't mean they sit and clap everything. They are as frustrated as everyone else however football clubs are a large part of lives, not some thing to dip in and out of when they are winning like those who miscall "happy clappers"

How many more years of "thin" can fans put up with before folk simply accept things need to change ??
    Better to moan and/or discuss about it than simply walk away like many hardcore fans of this club have.

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    How many more years of "thin" can fans put up with before folk simply accept things need to change ??
    Better to moan and/or discuss about it than simply walk away like many hardcore fans of this club have.
    No idea, that's a fairly difficult question to answer. I'm sure most fans accept change is needed however staying away is clearly not the answer. This that do turn up are just as pissed off I can assure you, however happy clappers as used by yourself and begbie they are not

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    Il just remind you once again where we were under Norman Blount, Ronnie Bradford and Davie Ray in terms of fan club relations and fan spirit to where we are now...
    No one will disagree with you that the clubs PR is absolutely abysmal and that was pointed out to them at the last AGM where shareholders attended. Nothing has improved since then and is unlikely to do so under the current regime but the team and players really need the full support of the fans in their battle to avoid the drop currently.

I struggle to go but I won’t be walking away. It’s what I do and what I’ve done under worse circumstances.

Dunfermline game in 2 weeks time is massive and we need everyone onside.

I will try again and put it more succinctly: Whether you like what the present BOD are doing or not, - they are all you've got. There are no white knights (Saudi Billionaires) riding to save the club, so we have two options: We get behind the BOD and the club and support them and yes, cajole them to do things better; or we can play the alternative card and watch the Queen of the South die as the BOD decide not to keep ploughing their hard earned cash into the club and walk away.

It may be difficult for some to comprehend, - but when the club is on life support, it's not wise to criticise and belittle those who hold the plug, - when there is no back up generator.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    I will try again and put it more succinctly: Whether you like what the present BOD are doing or not, - they are all you've got. There are no white knights (Saudi Billionaires) riding to save the club, so we have two options: We get behind the BOD and the club and support them and yes, cajole them to do things better; or we can play the alternative card and watch the Queen of the South die as the BOD decide not to keep ploughing their hard earned cash into the club and walk away.

It may be difficult for some to comprehend, - but when the club is on life support, it's not wise to criticise and belittle those who hold the plug, - when there is no back up generator.

If we're on life support now as you put it you don't exactly back the people who have put you on the machine in the first place!
    The fact of the matter is, under this current BOD they are NOT going to change and it's only a matter of time before we get relegated.

Deek, - may I politely request, - what exactly do you suggest?

If this were Dragon's Den, each Dragon would look at the present set of circumstances and say "I'm sorry I'm out."

Pre -pandemic, it was an entirely different ball game, but no-one knows when the next variant will shut the game down, and like the Dragon's, the government has no money left to bail out the clubs either.

It's a terrifying prospect with a decaying stadium and a pitch which needs replaced and no guarantee of income from fans, nor from the infrastructure created off the pitch, ie the cafe and the indoor pitches.

So realistically, pulling together would assist the club and hopefully we might get back to fitness, but as I keep saying, negativity breeds negativity and reduces the chances of anyone else investing.

Anyway folks, I've said enough on this topic, - but I honestly think you are scaring off potential investors who might be able to help support the Board.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post

Jardi. Sorry but you are being patronising with thiese comments.
    You are correct in the part there are no saviours on the horizon but supporters should not sit back and watch the club going down the drain because of an owners complete neglect.

You said in your earlier post that it’s time we all pulled together and started supporting the club. I, along with many others, turn up every Saturday and shout on the team and will continue to do so. But there is no way I would stop criticising the board when I see the place falling down around us.

You mention about suggestions being made in the past. They certainly have and what ideas has the board attempted. We have a ground like a toilet. A team which is not great, a bank account with a supposed 730,000 quid, and no foundations left witithin the club after this board has stripped it all.

So jardi, please explain why we shouldn’t complain because we will still be going to games long after Mr Hewitson has left, but what standard will be watching by that time god only knows

Quote Originally Posted by fatfan View Post
    Jardi. Sorry but you are being patronising with thiese comments.
    You are correct in the part there are no saviours on the horizon but supporters should not sit back and watch the club going down the drain because of an owners complete neglect.

You said in your earlier post that it’s time we all pulled together and started supporting the club. I, along with many others, turn up every Saturday and shout on the team and will continue to do so. But there is no way I would stop criticising the board when I see the place falling down around us.

You mention about suggestions being made in the past. They certainly have and what ideas has the board attempted. We have a ground like a toilet. A team which is not great, a bank account with a supposed 730,000 quid, and no foundations left witithin the club after this board has stripped it all.

So jardi, please explain why we shouldn’t complain because we will still be going to games long after Mr Hewitson has left, but what standard will be watching by that time god only knows
    I do not know how many times it needs to be said that Hewitson is not the Owner of the club but the chairman of the board of directors answerable to the clubs shareholders and does not have the power to sell the club onto anyone.
    Yes we all have a right to complain as I think we all have to one degree or another, myself included, but what I and Jardi are saying that saying that as we cannot make changes to the BoD in the short term then given the clubs position we need to get behind the team on the pitch as we fight relegation in the coming months.
    I am sure that you read that the board reiterated that they are actively looking at succession plans and are open to any suggestions from groups or individuals with respect to this but currently none are forthcoming and no the board do not have the power to strip the club of any funds as shown by the openness of the accounts issued every year. You clearly back the club by your continues attendance at games which is to be admired and you are entitled to criticise as much as you want as long as it is not aimed at the players who need our full support to fight of the drop.

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    I struggle to go but I won’t be walking away. It’s what I do and what I’ve done under worse circumstances.

Dunfermline game in 2 weeks time is massive and we need everyone onside.
    Clutching at straws I know but will be wishing and hoping that ICT beat the Pars on Saturday. Having said that the table does not lie - 11 games lost is the worst in the league

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)