+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pulling together

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    I do not know how many times it needs to be said that Hewitson is not the Owner of the club but the chairman of the board of directors answerable to the clubs shareholders and does not have the power to sell the club onto anyone.
    Yes we all have a right to complain as I think we all have to one degree or another, myself included, but what I and Jardi are saying that saying that as we cannot make changes to the BoD in the short term then given the clubs position we need to get behind the team on the pitch as we fight relegation in the coming months.
    I am sure that you read that the board reiterated that they are actively looking at succession plans and are open to any suggestions from groups or individuals with respect to this but currently none are forthcoming and no the board do not have the power to strip the club of any funds as shown by the openness of the accounts issued every year. You clearly back the club by your continues attendance at games which is to be admired and you are entitled to criticise as much as you want as long as it is not aimed at the players who need our full support to fight of the drop.
    Does Davie Rae have the power, being the club's majority shareholder?

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Does Davie Rae have the power, being the club's majority shareholder?
    He is the major shareholder but essentially retired and no longer is interested in any position in running the club.

He is the major shareholder but essentially retired and no longer is interested in any position in running the club.
    So are the club directors like the custodians?

So are the club directors like the custodians?
    Queens are a Private Limited Company with limited shareholders and are governed by a board of directors.

Queens are a Private Limited Company with limited shareholders and are governed by a board of directors.
    Not sure what a PLC means, although I reckon all the shareholders have a say in how the club operates overseen by the Directors.

Not sure what a PLC means, although I reckon all the shareholders have a say in how the club operates overseen by the Directors.
    🤣🤣🤣

Now that most of the restrictions are being lifted come Monday there is no reason for the AGM to be held behind closed doors unless, of course, the BoD are reluctant to hear the opinions of the Shareholders.

Now that most of the restrictions are being lifted come Monday there is no reason for the AGM to be held behind closed doors unless, of course, the BoD are reluctant to hear the opinions of the Shareholders.
    Very true Spike. Pressure must be put on the BOD’s to change their minds.

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    I struggle to go but I won’t be walking away. It’s what I do and what I’ve done under worse circumstances.

Dunfermline game next week is massive and we need everyone onside.
    Even more important now that Queens are ROCK BOTTOM of the league after the Pars point against ICT.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Even more important now that Queens are ROCK BOTTOM of the league after the Pars point against ICT.
    We need people as enthusiastic as Captain Blackadder who turned up for the game yesterday afternoon .... a week early .....lol.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)