+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Disgusted at our fans of late

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    The offending idiot was clearly pointed out to the head steward but, he wasn't removed. Even our fans were singing 'time to go' in order to have him removed but alas it never happened even though he did threaten someone?
    Had he called a player “ a black wotnot” it would have been “whoosh” feet never touching the ground

It's a general problem with away fans rather than specific to Rotherham.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Had he called a player “ a black wotnot” it would have been “whoosh” feet never touching the ground
    Indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    It's a general problem with away fans rather than specific to Rotherham.
    gf, I don't think it is. We have had many 1 minute silences at the NYS that have been respected with impeccable respect from away fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    gf, I don't think it is. We have had many 1 minute silences at the NYS that have been respected with impeccable respect from away fans.
    I meant with drunken idiots who go to away games, we see them at most home games.

Never got the football hooligans thing. Cowards the lot of them. I go most away games and I prefer the ones what are further away eg Ipswich proper fans go.
    Never liked the Rochdale games etc it’s always the same.
    Today was embarrassing they let the genuine fans down. Without beer they are nothing.

It seems to happen at away games where the home fans are fairly calm

If it happened at a Birmingham City or Sunderland they might get thrown out and be at the mercy of the locals
    Cowards indeed

Grist, you complain that the world has gone mad over racial issues but you are the one who seems to have to raise the point on every thread. Why not give it a rest and concentrate on the OP?

Fleetwood like all other clubs employ stewards from private companies. Paid minimum wage and at best trained to point people to the seats and toilets.

They aren’t paramilitaries trained to take down drunken morons.

( not condoning what the morons did btw)
    They wouldn't need to be paramilitaries to refuse entry to the ground and would be entirely justified in doing so given that attempting to enter a football ground when drunk is an offence.

But that doesn't excuse th behaviour of the supporters.

I watch a fair bit of rugby and have to say that rugby supporters seem to have mastered getting bevvied without behaving like arseholes.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast