+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Disgusted at our fans of late

Given everything that's been posted on here and similar unsavoury events at other grounds, it seems incredible that the head of the EFL should actually support a proposal to allow alcohol to be consumed while matches are being played.
    Personally I hope that idea gets strangled at birth.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Given everything that's been posted on here and similar unsavoury events at other grounds, it seems incredible that the head of the EFL should actually support a proposal to allow alcohol to be consumed while matches are being played.
    Personally I hope that idea gets strangled at birth.
    It’s a few that causes problem for the sensible ones, they need removing from games

Quote Originally Posted by Karl998yr View Post
    If fans aren't aware there is a minute's silence then they can't be expected to shup up and observe one as controversial as that might be.
    The manner of how it is then pointed out to them to be respectful makes a difference as to how they react.
    Not condoning the behaviour of drunken yobs at football matches in general by any means but just pointing out the obvious in this scenario.
    Karl, I couldn't hear the tannoy system but when I looked on the pitch and saw all the players and officials gathered around the centre circle I knew what was happening. That's the difference with being sober and pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Karl, I couldn't hear the tannoy system but when I looked on the pitch and saw all the players and officials gathered around the centre circle I knew what was happening. That's the difference with being sober and pissed.
    Agree and think maybe them trying to tell a drunk to shut up didn’t help, club could identify them and have a word/warning or obviously ban them if they’ve been in trouble before.

Hitting innocent fans though is no excuse and clubs need to ban them.

Btw it might help if club also let fans know that there’s going to be a minutes silence, I didn’t see anything on our official sites and didn’t know until the players lined up

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Agree and think maybe them trying to tell a drunk to shut up didn’t help, club could identify them and have a word/warning or obviously ban them if they’ve been in trouble before.

Btw it might help if club also let fans know that there’s going to be a minutes silence, I didn’t see anything on our official sites and didn’t know until the players lined up
    What also didn't help and I found very strange indeed was, Fleetwood don't sell programmes???? All they had to offer was a team sheet!
    If they did sell programmes, then maybe it would have been mentioned in one about the pre match minutes silence.

Quote Originally Posted by PokerMillersSwinton View Post
    I felt ashamed today it was another Rochdale. Thing is its the ale and people not been able to have more than 3 pints without wanting to fight the world . Go to Blackpool get tanked up then there's the catalyst . Bad day for Rotherham football club . Then the fighting after the Fleetwood goal in the away end no idea how that started it was the other end to me . I despair sometimes .
    I attended the game yesterday with my wife and sons. There seemed to be something brewing in the away end all second half and my eldest lad said to me just after half time that he could sense it was all gonna kick of if we lost..and it did. We were stood in the right hand side of the away end and at full time there were fights breaking out right behind me. My wife saw one guy hit a woman, accidentally or intentionally makes no difference to me. When the stewards appeared they were targeted by the thugs too even from people not involved in the initial fight. I don’t think alcohol was a factor in the fighting.. just plain stupidity and way too much testosterone. The security at the turnstiles were allowing entry to supporters who were clearly drunk. There was also some fighting outside the ground where the coaches were waiting. I saw police using their batons on our fans. I found myself having to apologise for our fans behaviour to an elderly Fleetwood fan I was stood beside. Very sad day for my club yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post

The club did make an announcement about the minutes silence, I saw it on Twitter although many may not use Twitter

Yesterday you had idiots too much ale and supporters who took offence to the idiots. The drunk idiots basically throwing their weight around on women and the less able. I think a few genuine fans really had no other choice but to intervene. I was brought up not to hit women and when that happens most logical blokes would say enough is enough and stop it.

It’s Maybe why most clubs do the applause now instead at least it drowns out any rabble it it happens..

Clearly seems to be more trouble but not implicitly at standing away venues…used to happen all time at such as Burton…

I don't think it has anything to do with alcohol.
    Many many supporters up and down the country have quite a few pints before the match, and as pointed out on the thread, they don't assault anyone or cause damage.

The problem is that there are a monority who,s anti social behaviour is triggered by drinking alcohol. I'd doubt very much whether Their exploits are limited to attending a football match either. They probably do it in a pub on non match days, at home and various other places.

So restricting alcohol at football matches isn't going to solve the problem, it's just taking away part of the enjoyment from law abiding citizens.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast