+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Disgusted at our fans of late

Disgusted at our fans of late

Fleetwood were having their one minutes silence for fans they had lost last year like we did at NYS.

Thing is the PA system is very poor there and what with our fans singing, it couldn't be heard what was being announced. It did though become quickly apparent that there was to be a minutes silence as the officials and players gathered around the centre circle heads bowed so the crowd quickly went quiet or so we thought.

A few of our fans, drunk, were ignoring the silence and continued being boisterous. I know I was very close to them.
    They continued being loud and brash and were reminded by some of our fans to be respectful and to be quiet.

One fan, shouted out, 'Who's this for anyway?' a totally disrespectful manner. That was too much for one fan who told them to see the large screen to our left which was highlighting the people who had passed on.

Not good enough for the lout, he shouted to the guy to ''shut it four eyes or he'd do him!'' That's when it all kicked off, suffice to say, fans rallied round the guy who called him out to have him ejected. Don't know what happened in the ruck but, the offender got to stay in and watch the match????

Hang your head in shame pal. If you can't hold your ale then don't bother attending is my recommendation to you.

I have no idea about the final whistle incident so can't comment.

On behalf of all the genuine respectful fans of Rotherham United, I would like to apologise to Fleetwood Town fans for the disgraceful behaviour by some of our loutish disrespectful idiots. What those Fleetwood fans, paying respects to their loved and lost relatives must have thought of our behaviour doesn't bare thinking about.

+1 for those thoughts. Very audible on TV (could at least hear them being told to shut up). Minority as per, poor look.

Had argument with one of them who was pissed. He got a bit Leary with me. Second half he started again getting mouthy I just ignored him. His mate was having a go at a woman for telling him to shut up. That was enough for pocket to basically give him a choice sit down or be dragged out. As we left he was arguing with someone else.
    Proper morons.

It's now on the official site where we have apologised to everyone associated with Fleetwood Town for the actions of certain individuals today. Shameful

They need to be identified, shamed and the banned

Fleetwood like all other clubs employ stewards from private companies. Paid minimum wage and at best trained to point people to the seats and toilets.

They aren’t paramilitaries trained to take down drunken morons.

( not condoning what the morons did btw)

Been same for years. I banned myself from away games because of the drunken louts who follow Rotherham

Final straw for me was the 5-1 defeat at Hull under Warnock

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Fleetwood like all other clubs employ stewards from private companies. Paid minimum wage and at best trained to point people to the seats and toilets.

( not condoning what the morons did btw)
    The offending idiot was clearly pointed out to the head steward but, he wasn't removed. Even our fans were singing 'time to go' in order to have him removed but alas it never happened even though he did threaten someone?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Pocket is though

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Pocket is though
    Thing is though CAM, Pocket drops him and he's arrested for assault.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast