+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has a player you know of ever retracted a transfer request.........

Ladapo probably thinks he's not in the player top five of best buddies with Warne,
    so feels let down.
    Time for Warne to see sense & play Ladapo from the start on Tuesday.

To a player asking to come off the transfer list, after putting in a transfer, I thought
    I have heard of player, scrolled through different websites etc, but could not find
    anything.

To a player being taken off the transfer list, Norwood at Ipswich Town was put
    on the transfer list by former manager Paul Cook, & made to train with the
    under 23's, Cook got the sack.
    New manager McKenna plays Norwood, who hits a scoring streak, but not sure if
    he's been taken off the transfer list.
    Last edited by Ericsladkilnhurst; 16-01-2022 at 02:24 PM.

Didn't Kane have a SIM situation this season at spurs though in public he didn't hand in a transfer request he must have asked behind closed doors for the move

For me not playing Freddie yesterday was a poor decision by the manager.
    If he's doing it in training then he should pick his strongest 11 from the off.
    Warne said last week that him handing in a transfer request would not cloud his judgement when picking the team.
    Fast forward to his post match interview and he said the transfer request played a part in not selecting him yesterday.
    Grigg should have had 2 yesterday, he didn't look injured so why take him off at half time?
    JJ is still very raw and insiala had him in his back pocket all second half as he bullied him. We are at a crucial part of the season so we must get our forward line sorted otherwise the pre Christmas effort will all be for nothing.

A couple of things,how does anyone know Freddie has an "attitude ",I've seen no evidence of it.
    Warne got universal praise on here for showing a strong stance on the Tilt situation, I would say he's only doing the same with Ladapo.
    He has also said he will play him while he is here,playing Grigg on Saturday was the right thing to do,again, plenty on here think he's summat special personalty I'd like to see JJ start on Tuesday.

I said this would occur other week.as soon as we lose it would fan the flames of the Freddie situation.

If Kayode had come and scored and we won we”d be having a different conversation..

As I said you cannot carry on as normal.if that’s case what’s to stop smith doing same or any other s players doing same.if they go on the transfer list but still play you might aswell chance your arm for a move and you can’t drop all of them can you.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    I said this would occur other week.as soon as we lose it would fan the flames of the Freddie situation.

If Kayode had come and scored and we won we”d be having a different conversation..

As I said you cannot carry on as normal.if that’s case what’s to stop smith doing same or any other s players doing same.if they go on the transfer list but still play you might aswell chance your arm for a move and you can’t drop all of them can you.
    For all we know Ladapo's desire to move might be fuelled by rumours within the squad of better deals being offered to Smith and others.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    For all we know Ladapo's desire to move might be fuelled by rumours within the squad of better deals being offered to Smith and others.
    It’s entirety possible and it’s all conjecture.though looking at how many clubs ladapo has had and moves towards the end of his contract it may that this is the route he choose to take.

The problem we have is warne has said he won’t bring anyone in till he has gone.now wether we can’t or we won’t is one question but it as caused a situation.in a perfect storm we would have signed someone else he would have gone.probably a test warne has not really encountered before.

Ladapo at his age he's got one good contract left for him. My opinion I wouldn't give it him here. He's a goal poacher in a team that plays to feed that type of striker he'd do that job for you at this level. We need forwards to graft who chip in with their share of goals. I wouldn't play him again for us say we start him tomorrow & it's not going right crowds going to be on his back also to sell him this window his goals so far this season should get clubs interested say he plays tomorrow with his heart not in it with clubs watching him might put them off.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    A couple of things,how does anyone know Freddie has an "attitude ",I've seen no evidence of it.
    I remember about a year or so ago PW said that an unnamed player had been very disrespectful to him when complaining that he wasn't being chosen for the starting XI enough. PW was upset about the attitude of the player and how he went about it. Said it knocked him back a few days as he wasn't expecting it to be done in that way

PW didn't say who the player was though

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    ......that remained at his club and gone on to serve them better until his contract ended?

What I'm trying to say, has Freddie made a glaring mistake and may he retract his transfer request?

Wouldn't make me feel any animosity towards him if he did. We all make rash mistakes in life and don't forget he's guided by his agent.

Thoughts?
    Harry Kane was quite high profile on this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast