+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Has a player you know of ever retracted a transfer request.........

The whole 'Ladapo' situation is really interesting but it's great that the answer will be revealed in 2 weeks time.The Club going public is also very important along with the option that the club have on a 1 year extension.I guess it's a game of poker between the club and Ladapo,his agent and another interested club,should there be one. If another club did make an offer,I can't see Tony Stewart wanting a ridiculous amount and therefore pricing a deal out of reach but on the other hand he would still want 'fair value' (say 500k) and has the 1 year option to throw into the mixing pot to justify that.On the other hand would you want a player tied up for another 18 months who doesn't want to be here? All this to iron out and then try and find and negotiate a suitable replacement if he left all within 2 weeks.Sounds like an awful lot to achieve to me!

Whilst it’s not an ideal system it highlights the sense of adding appearance and goal scoring clauses to a player’s contract

So that just ‘ sitting about” costs them money

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    The whole 'Ladapo' situation is really interesting but it's great that the answer will be revealed in 2 weeks time.The Club going public is also very important along with the option that the club have on a 1 year extension.I guess it's a game of poker between the club and Ladapo,his agent and another interested club,should there be one. If another club did make an offer,I can't see Tony Stewart wanting a ridiculous amount and therefore pricing a deal out of reach but on the other hand he would still want 'fair value' (say 500k) and has the 1 year option to throw into the mixing pot to justify that.On the other hand would you want a player tied up for another 18 months who doesn't want to be here? All this to iron out and then try and find and negotiate a suitable replacement if he left all within 2 weeks.Sounds like an awful lot to achieve to me!
    I think it was his agent what let it out, after all he phoned PW Sunday telling him that a transfer request was going in. If we get anywhere near £500,000 for him, then i, lots on here and TS will laugh our socks off....
    ....He's 28 and had 1 good season at Plymouth before we signed him......including RUFC he'd had 16 clubs already in his career, i wonder why? Either he falls out with people or people fall out with him(atitude)??
    ......commonly known as " a bad egg"..........get rid, the situation will only end up festering the dressing room.
    Last edited by avondalemiller; 18-01-2022 at 12:42 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123