+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ot energy prices.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    we all know from April it will rocket.
    I live in a 3 bed. two of bedrooms are closed down the corridor.
    we keep thermostat at 21 or 22.
    normal cooking showers etc. £4.20 up to press today. Come April £6.10. a day.
    It will be a s4it storm.
    Wow 22 😥
    Mines down to 18 in the day now, jumper on.
    16 at night.

I had sky for 5 years my contract ran out last October was paying £55 a month just got basic package and sport wanted to stick it up to £81 a month reduced to £66
    I pissed them off and haven’t missed it at all I’m therefore saving £600 a year and that’s going to my heating (so not really saving Rob Peter to pay Paul)
    My mobiles £9 a month unlimited texts internet etc 3 network who admitted aren’t the best but I’m not of the generation who are constantly stuck to their phone
    My advice get rid of your sky bt whatever
    You can still get Netflix etc on smart tv

just checked my gas and leccy options with British gas.
    at the moment for dual fuel until the end of Feb, I pay £950 a year. I have been offered a 2 year deal. £1800 a year.
    otherwise I will transferred to their normalvariable rate.£1150 a year.
    sod the 2 year deal

at the moment for dual fuel until the end of Feb, I pay £950 a year. I have been offered a 2 year deal. £1800 a year.
    sod the 2 year deal
    Might this be a sign of how much prices are about to rise?? Scary!

sod the 2 year deal
    Note, the normal variable rate will allow them to charge up to the price cap.

In April the price cap is up for revision and is tipped to rise considerably.

So normal variable rate will "vary" up to that cap limit

Fact of the matter is some people may be forced to Heat or eat when this hits, certainly in the winter months. People on low incomes/benefits and who have to load those cards up will be absolutely screwed!!! I can see a lot of kids eating a lot of pasta/rice that’s for sure!!! Scandalous really, like already stated on here, the news are obsessed with Partygate, Ex HRH Randy and mad man Putin.

Be interesting to see how Joe Public respond once this actually hits and people realise how it affects them. I see trouble ahead!!!!

And Carry and co won't let us get fracking !

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    And Carry and co won't let us get fracking !
    Sadly not, all the middle-class virtue signallers can afford the hikes, fracking would certainly help.

Get ready for mortgage rises too (if you have one) my guess is the base rate will increase at least twice if not three times this year

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Note, the normal variable rate will allow them to charge up to the price cap.

In April the price cap is up for revision and is tipped to rise considerably.

So normal variable rate will "vary" up to that cap limit
    still ok. just had a look. on variable rate, they give you 30 days notice for any price rise. giving plenty of time to stick or twist.

Must be bad news for Rotherham’s cannabis farmers

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast