+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gutted

Gutted

That's how I've felt since they equalised and we threw yet another 3 points down the sh1tter.
    It really is hard to take, we build ourselves up for just one big result that could possibly turn our season around but carry on being let down by individual sh1teness.
    Just looking at some of the teams that have come to St.James' and taken a point from us and it really is embarrassing.
    Watford, Norwich, Brentford, Leeds, Southampton this is the sole reason why were in the position we are.
    I've said it for a long time the players we have can't handle playing Infront of our crowd. There not good enough or big enough personalities. Every single game at least one of them massively Fu(ks up when under pressure, they just cannot handle something they should be thriving on as professional footballers and it's so hard to take.

Couldn't have put it better.Weve had so many let downs over the past 14 years or so but I can honestly say, that result yesterday & the manner we conceded, has hurt more than any.As you say, these players seem incapable of raising their game against the lower teams despite the magnificent support.All the talk was the ability of Trippier to feed Wood.So 9 times out of 10 they try to build through the midfield, of which they are incapable.Roll on Leeds NOT !!!

Since EH has arrived, he has changed our attacking ethos. TBH, it changed the day Cabbage was sacked. We were still negative under Jones but less so.

Under EH, we try to attack more but there is only so much you can achieve with the worst defence in the league. Defending has never been EH's strong point. But not even Simeone could get turn hapless personnel into decent defenders. Sorry, I've never rated Dummett (know he is a local boy and all that) or any of our CB - that includes Fernandes (sorry), which I know many do. We need new centre backs. End of.

I like Jamal Lewis - he has a mistake in him but he has the potential to learn and become a useful FB under the stewardship of Tripps. And of course, Tripps himself. Having said that Lewis is not 19 so he'll need to massively pick up now.

--

That corner that we conceded from was no pressure. That is meat and drink for a CB that knows what he is doing and is strong enough to muscle people out the way. The cross that came in didn't need to come in if we had a LB with some pace. Mate, I can run faster than that. Michael fucking Jackson could moonwalk faster than Dummett ran yesterday. And he's fucking dead!!!!

It's not pressure. Newcastle's defense is S. H. I. T. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by trinitoon View Post
    Since EH has arrived, he has changed our attacking ethos. TBH, it changed the day Cabbage was sacked. We were still negative under Jones but less so.

Under EH, we try to attack more but there is only so much you can achieve with the worst defence in the league. Defending has never been EH's strong point. But not even Simeone could get turn hapless personnel into decent defenders. Sorry, I've never rated Dummett (know he is a local boy and all that) or any of our CB - that includes Fernandes (sorry), which I know many do. We need new centre backs. End of.

I like Jamal Lewis - he has a mistake in him but he has the potential to learn and become a useful FB under the stewardship of Tripps. And of course, Tripps himself. Having said that Lewis is not 19 so he'll need to massively pick up now.

--

That corner that we conceded from was no pressure. That is meat and drink for a CB that knows what he is doing and is strong enough to muscle people out the way. The cross that came in didn't need to come in if we had a LB with some pace. Mate, I can run faster than that. Michael fucking Jackson could moonwalk faster than Dummett ran yesterday. And he's fucking dead!!!!

It's not pressure. Newcastle's defense is S. H. I. T. That's all.
    I’ve never liked Dummett, he’s like a frightened rabbit when he’s got the ball, and SLOW delivering the pass, players close him down before he’s passed the ball man! Grrrrrrrr!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)