+ Visit Cambridge United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Enjoy it while you can.

Enjoy it while you can.

Another shocker at Sincil Bank. Unfortunately the clubs DNA says this is a brief escapade to what i laughingly call success. Struggling in div 1 is not success is it?

If United were in the top six and going for promotion, thats success, as in previous years under Atkinson, Docherty and Beck.

The clubs DNA says disaster is never far away, on the pitch and off it. Especially after Barry took nearly half a million in cash from the Newcastle game. I also notice Mather has been fired, not surprising there. Going to Newcastle Uni is hardly good preparation for real life.

Going to Newcastle must be like Puccini going to a music school that teaches drumming on a corn flake box using chopsticks. For wind instruments it would be whistling, and strings a zither.
    United will get relegated, its just when, and their struggles against the inevitable is commendable.

Did Wisbech get a mention on radio Cambs,? This grand old lady, playing southern league football in the 1930s deserves better, they were a real rival to United and City in the old days. Mentioning all non league fixtures at a professional level is a must, its like a flyer through the door.

Radio Cambs harms clubs like Wisbech, Yaxley and Peterboro sports by not at least mentioning the fixture, is it unprofessional or indifference Mr Jason Swann.? Its indifference, it must be.

No mention of bids for United players, there will be though. Is the club standing in their way? It saddens me that relegation is becoming less likely, the entertainment value is immense, and it wont cost me an entrance fee.

Life mostly pans out like this, good things happen, hopes etc are built up, etc, only for the worst to happen, and because there are high expectations, when it finally crashes, the suffering is far greater, devastating.

Not here though, i will be richly entertained when United are relegated, not only from div 1, but from the football league, hopefully this season. HAAAAAAAAAAAA, sorry i must contain myself.

As beneath so above, United are sunk. The sooner Bonner goes the better.

And the reason for this?, the empty hopeless years in the not so distant past, that Barry was privy too, there are consequences, hopefully the club will disband and we can all start again, with a clean club, run by the fans, with no politics or money games.

Jed of Norfolk Terrace.

p.s, as mentioned above, the day i stop supporting United, they start winning, or at least, losing less often. There are bigger things at hand, not losing is temporary, we all lose.

In the end. This summer time in fortunes is just that, a brief summer. Then a long long winter. As before.

Wisbech are in the Northern Premier League (Midlands) so why would they get a mention on Radio Cambridge,Carlton beat them 2-0 yesterday (I wasn't going to mention it but as you've brought it up) and Wisbech sit third from bottom and only three points away from the drop,there was a bumper crowd of 186 yesterday,yes a BUMPER crowd of 186 so I'm presuming that Wisbechs home crowd are somewhere around the 150 mark,it's just not worth the radio coverage Frank,anyway one of the reasons that I've enjoyed supporting Notts over the past 40 odd years is that they have always been the second team in Nottingham,for every passerby wearing a Notts shirt you will see ten wearing a Forest shirt,supporting Wisbech is going one further, you get to know and recognise other Wisbech fans,you form camaraderie with them, anyone can support Utd or Peterborough but it takes a special supporter to follow a non League club so don't worry about the lack of coverage on the radio,just enjoy being a part of the Wisbech clique Frank

Talking to you chalky is one of the most fruitless tasks i know, even when your faulty logic is seen to be nonsense, you go into attack mode and get upset.

And insist you are right. Anyway, there is a radio Cambs reporter called Andy Abbott, he reports live from a Cambridgeshire non league team, and reports results from others.

St Ives is a favourite, St Ives, if anything are a smaller club than Wisbech. Their ground is as if they still play in the Peterboro league, their gates are about 120 to 150.

Royston get a lot of mentions, as do Cambridge City and Histon, Soham rarely.

Wisbech never. Or Yaxley, Peterboro Sports get a lot of mentions because they do extraordinarily well. Because Wisbech are in the northern league is irrelevant, they are in Cambs.

Camb C , Histon and Soham are in the northern league. Gates are irrelevant too. Wisbech, get the biggest gates i reckon, 175 upwards is not rare, and well over 200 when things are going well, they had a 300 plus gate over christmas.

There is a snobbishness about Radio Cambs, its title is Radio Cambs, playing in the north league is irrelevant, being in Cambs is relevant.
    I dont know if radio football commentators get training or not. If they do, their must be a CD of Andy Abbot somewhere with " what not to do " written on it.

At his worst, he might as well be speaking Mongolian. He speaks at a machine gun pace, as if hes being chased, not by a bear, but several. His diction is appalling, he hardly finishes a word properly before starting another, and cant be bothered to sound out a word.

Yet he has God Like status at Radio Cambs, as we, or Radio Cambs, all know who it is when he comes on. Radio Cambs seems to me to be run by one person who has built an empire, as all BBC folk do.

I have listened to Andy Abbott and have hardly understood a word, you just hang out hoping to catch the score.

So, Radio Cambs have a reporter focussing on non league games. Why shouldnt Wisbech get on that? Do you get it now?

Another problem is residents of Wisbech may hear Wisbech are at home that afternoon and decide to go. It costs Wisbech money. I am moved to complain, fat lot of use that is.

Where did I go into attack mode and get upset?
    Not being on the radio won't affect Wisbechs attendances at all,if you follow a non League team then you tend to be more hard core than a floating fan of say Peterborough or Utd,anyway a quick click on the net will reveal a full season of fixtures and only takes seconds,non League football is great value for money,I can get into Carlton for £9,have a burger and tea for another fiver with free parking so that's an afternoons entertainment for £14,that wouldn't even get me into Notts so just enjoy the football Frank,btw have I done something to upset you as you seem rather bolshy towards me lately?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)