+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Benitez sacked...

Benitez sacked...

Should we be concerned? Have to admit...I am.

Nah, Rooneys got too much class, he's already shown in his first managerial job more class than other managers when clubs came calling, don't let me down now Wayne

Has he got the required coaching badges?

Doesn't he negate the need for badges if he has a qualified assistance?
    Don't see him going now, not so confident in the summer though.

He doesn’t need the required badges to work in tandem with Duncan Ferguson who does have them.
    Imagine he could be appointed at some joint level and work towards them for next season.
    Can’t imagine Everton’s players being quite so neglectful in terms of effort with Ferguson and Rooney to answer to and, unlike Benitez, they would have the backing of the fans.
    Hope it doesn’t happen and the return of Martinez appears to seem slightly more likely, but it’s a concern and I didn’t expect to say that this time last season.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    He doesn’t need the required badges to work in tandem with Duncan Ferguson who does have them.
    Imagine he could be appointed at some joint level and work towards them for next season.
    Can’t imagine Everton’s players being quite so neglectful in terms of effort with Ferguson and Rooney to answer to and, unlike Benitez, they would have the backing of the fans.
    Hope it doesn’t happen and the return of Martinez appears to seem slightly more likely, but it’s a concern and I didn’t expect to say that this time last season.
    That is OK for the championship, I believe unless someone can say otherwise that the requirements are much stricter in the prem. Yes Rooney could join as a coach, but could not be manager without the required coaching qualifications, so Ferguson would have to be manager, so don't see Rooney going for that.

According to the rules one needs to hold the FA Level 5 (UEFA Pro) qualification to be a manager in the prem league, I'm certain Rooney doesn't ahve that qualification. I can find no indication that a manager without it would be allowed to become a manager as long as he had an assistant with the qualification.

Not that I see Everton making the appointment anyway, it would be a big risk.
    Last edited by swaledale; 17-01-2022 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    That is OK for the championship, I believe unless someone can say otherwise that the requirements are much stricter in the prem. Yes Rooney could join as a coach, but could not be manager without the required coaching qualifications, so Ferguson would have to be manager, so don't see Rooney going for that.

According to the rules one needs to hold the FA Level 5 (UEFA Pro) qualification to be a manager in the prem league, I'm certain Rooney doesn't ahve that qualification. I can find no indication that a manager without it would be allowed to become a manager as long as he had an assistant with the qualification.

Would imagine it would depend on how it’s ‘sold’ to Rooney.
    I really hope you’re right...but given that Everton appear to have become synonymous with spending and appointment ‘risk’ I doubt that last aspect is a factor.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post

I don't understand why these rules are in place, it's not like an unqualified coach is putting someone's life at risk. It's a form of discrimination

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshank72 View Post
    I don't understand why these rules are in place, it's not like an unqualified coach is putting someone's life at risk. It's a form of discrimination
    Whether it makes sense for someone of Rooney’s vast playing ability and experience to have to gain additional certification is certainly debatable. One thing it equally certainly isn’t though is ‘discrimination’.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshank72 View Post
    To protect players. Unqualified coaches can come up with sessions that are detrimental to a player. Pushing them too far.

The role of a Manager these days isn't just on the pitch either. The "higher" qualifications include business and accounting parts to help a gaffer understand that side of the job. They include man management as well and other things FIFA, UEFA and the FA find important for the physical and mental well being of players.

It's not discrimination.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)