+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: O/T Mice

Mice

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    We’ve caught five since Christmas!!

After we found Cadbury’s Heroes wrappers we’ve used said chocolates as bait.

Not caught one for around a week now so seems to have worked.

As les Dawson used to say.let the mother in law come round and they will throw themselves on the traps..!.

One mouse caught today in my boiled ham baited trap, reset traps with bacon rind on to bait em,
    it was a big bugger, no wonder scoffing a full box of cadbury's heroes.
    Another mouse caught with my bacon rind lure trap, tied bacon rind to trap with cotton, so the mouse has to pull at it.

Another mouse caught with my bacon rind lure trap, tied bacon rind to trap with cotton, so the mouse has to pull at it.
    The mice will learn your tricks, particularly Ethan "mouse" Hunt

All together now ( you Know the tune, dum, dum dum dum dum....etc)

Name:  Funny-mission-impossible-mouse-trap.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  20.3 KB

Yep malteser or peanut butter a lot better than cheese. Don't really like to kill the little buggers but they breed like...well..er..mice and before long they can take control unless you clamp down hard. Better to bump off a couple at first rather than have to sort out a whole hoard of them.

I have used humane traps but you can only get one at a time. You can use poison but you dont want dead bodies rotting under your floor boards also their is the effect on the food chain. Good owd snappers prob best under the sink or cooker. Not nice disposing of bodies tho...

Or gerra cat. The cats near us all seem to get knocked down tho...plus they bring the buggers in half alive and some other things in like birds, moles and ratlets so forget that one...
    Last edited by rolymiller; 18-01-2022 at 03:16 PM.

Believe it or not you can get a contraceptive powder for rodents. Used in combination with traps it brings the population down.

There are also humane traps that capture the mouse live, then you can release the little blighter a few miles away, say at S6

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Not nice disposing of bodies tho...
    Mice are child's play compared to catching rats in the bigger spring traps, especially when you live in a place where daytime temperatures are above 90F and you forget about the traps under the house for a few days. Happened to us more than once in CA but luckily I have Mrs. CA who is very adept with a shovel to pick up the trap, rotting rat, maggots and all in one go and deposit it into a bin bag. I didn't have the stomach for it

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Believe it or not you can get a contraceptive powder for rodents. Used in combination with traps it brings the population down.

There are also humane traps that capture the mouse live, then you can release the little blighter a few miles away, say at S6
    I used the glue traps once. Never again. I'd rather see a mouse with a broken back/squashed head in a spring trap than one that has tried to chew off it's own feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    The mice will learn your tricks, particularly Ethan "mouse" Hunt

All together now ( you Know the tune, dum, dum dum dum dum....etc)

Name:  Funny-mission-impossible-mouse-trap.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  20.3 KB
    Grist, love it, one of your best

We have rats down on the allotments with lots of people, include myself, having hens. I've used big spring traps but they usually drag themselves out, until i put some sharp tacks thro from the bottom....

I use a humane trap to catch them(they don't escape from that) then drown them. I take the gun down sometimes, they provide good target practice, along with the pigeons......i put poison under the hut/down the holes when the Hedgehogs are hibernating.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast