+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hartlepool Post Match Thoughts

Hartlepool Post Match Thoughts

Little did we know when this all started with a 6-0 win way back on a balmy evening in early September at Doncaster that we would go all the way the Wembley. But by way of a few big wins and a few nerve jangling penalty shoot outs we'll be there again for a cup final just 26 years after our last one Tin pot no more anyone? I think the bigger worry than having another game we could possibly do without is our abject loss of form these past couple of weeks, including 'leaking' a few goals, and what PW and the lads can do about it going into Wycombe and beyond.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by CAMiller; 09-03-2022 at 10:23 PM.

All over shop first half but subs came on and made a difference, credit to pool taking it to pens

I love Miller and gets my motm but closely followed by Smithie who was unlucky not to get the hatrick well he did actually with his pen 😂

WEMBERLEE EVERY FOUR YEARS 😂

That has got to be a great psychological fillip for the next few games.

Good luck with the op Froggy. Can't beat a new valve or two for go faster performance!

Yes good luck Frogster

Delighted for the lads, getting to experience playing at Wembley (irrespective of how many will be there). Many of the current crop haven't so I'm thrilled for them. What all young lads dream of.
    Nice confidence boost, could pull apart many performances but they kept fighting and unlucky not to win in normal time.
    I like Ogbene off Smudge with Miller and Tutu either side. Pace, pace, pace.
    Special mention to one and all who have turned out in this competition at any point, great support.
    Never know when you'll next get to see us at Wembley so enjoy it without the nerve shredding pressure of a playoff final.
    UTM!!

I don't feel at all like I did 26 years ago when we were crying tears of joy in freezing snow in Carlisle. We were on our our way to Wembley for the first time back then. Now it's a second home for us and we have bigger fish to fry this season.
    Typical cup match. We were awful at times but at other times showed just what we can do.
    Unlucky Hartlepool but I think we deserved it.
    Hope it gives us a boost for Saturday and we can cobble together a team to beat Wycombe spoilers.

So excited about Wembley. Good luck Frog!!

Positives Tu tu better. Good to have Edmunds Green & Miller back. I said Chieo can play on the left then he just gets the ball in without thinking too much about it. Forgot small fact we're back at Wembley again!

Made up that I can take daughter on her first Wembley experience and meet my Millers friends and family coming down.

Not a good performance all round and needed Basil for Odoffin at half time to get more mobility and composure in midfield. Oggie a key change too.

Awful first half. Awful. Defence all over the place throughout. Angus still struggling but at least a full game under belt on his way back. Reg very wobbly also but again a difficult game to come back from. Not really impressed with either Bola or Tutu and Miller and Oggie looked more dangerous. We looked threatening in the 2nd half but so did they. Draw was fair result and just happy to go though. Hope players like Dan and Smudge aren't too knackered for Saturday. Prob good that wood went off as he could be ok for them also.

Here's to a great day out at Wembley

Good post MT, agree will be great for the likes of Rathbone, Barlaser, Miller etc who have probably not played there.

Also good from a morale point of view not to lose tonight.

Woody only played 45 mins so should be ok Saturday.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast