+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teams we ‘could’ be playing next season

Teams we ‘could’ be playing next season

You looked at the pre season fixtures and most would be looking for the Weds/Donny draws, well they are local after all.

Fast forward with ten games to go and you think crikey, next season it could be Everton, Leeds, Burnley, Norwich, Watford or even Brentford.

Does that worry anyone? Strangely it doesn’t bother me providing we keep Smudge and recruit strongly at left back and another proven CF.

We have a young and immense midfield, does that need strengthening?

We have two very good keepers so safe there.

Biggest threat? Losing Warney.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Brin; 10-03-2022 at 11:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    You looked at the pre season fixtures and most would be looking for the Weds/Donny draws, well they are local after all.

Fast forward with ten games to go and you think crikey, next season it could be Everton, Leeds, Burnley, Norwich, Watford or even Brentford.

Does that worry anyone? Strangely it doesn’t bother me providing we keep Smudge and recruit strongly at left back and another proven CF.

We have a young and immense midfield, does that need strengthening?

We have two very good keepers so safe there.

Biggest threat? Losing Warney.

Thoughts?
    The glass half empty brigade would say the biggest threat is we could yet be playing Newport County, Tranmere Rovers, Mansfield Town and Swindon Town. Stop counting them chickens, they ain't hatched yet.

Who said I’m counting chickens read my post again. My emphasis being on we ‘could’ not we ‘will’ be playing them.

If we do get promoted and if we only make minor tweaks to our squad we could get 18pts against whichever of those 3 teams come down but I think it's more likely we could get 0pts, just like we did against Brentford, Watford and Norwich last time around.

Warne has consistently failed at Championship level. We have recently been outplayed by Morecambe, Plymouth, Shrewsbury, MKD and Hartlepool. Unless MKD or Wigan implode we will not be going up anyway.

Injury's are slowly catching up with Wigan. They scraped past Wimbledon last Saturday and didn't manage to go past Sutton. Loose on Saturday and wigans wheels could be coming off.

Brin,remember what I said on another thread about a certain poster ?
    Point proven again.
    Anyway back to your question, the championship is both exciting and depressing in equal measures.
    I love us being the small fry in a big pond, one of my favourite memories is when West Haaaaam came to Millmoor and complained about pretty much everything !
    I honestly think if we can keep most of the squad, and recruit 3 or 4 decent players we will surprise a few people next season, and will stay up
    And yes...we will be finish top 2 this season.
    UTM.

Warney imo failed the players/club last season, he’s been here long enough to have picked things up, he’s got us top of league in L1 but he’s got to step up big time in championship and prove himself

good luck Warney hopefully the past mistakes are just that and you keep us in the championship this time, players obviously have to do their bit as well.
    We could do with a few players being fetched in aswell

hopefully Derby are down
    looks like Barnsley will be down but you never know
    Im not bothered about Hull

be good to go to Ricoh even if they’ve changed name
    Middlesbrough be good with Wilder in charge and seeing Crooks again
    Last edited by millertop; 11-03-2022 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Warney imo failed the players/club last season, he’s been here long enough to have picked things up, he’s got us top of league in L1 but he’s got to step up big time in championship and prove himself

good luck Warney hopefully the past mistakes are just that and you keep us in the championship this time, players obviously have to do their bit as well.
    We could do with a few players being fetched in aswell

hopefully Derby are down
    looks like Barnsley will be down but you never know
    Im not bothered about Hull

be good to go to Ricoh even if they’ve changed name
    Middlesbrough be good with Wilder in charge and seeing Crooks again
    manager didn’t fail anyone last season. He’s was trying to manage a small club in a big league with one hand tied behind his back . He made mistakes like he has done this season. Missed chances and covid did for us last season . Did the chairman back the manager last season? Not having a pop at the chairman by the way .

I also think he was let down by some of his players too

We missed some absolute sitters which if just one had gone in then it would have been enough

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast