+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ifs and buts

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I know everyone is entitled to their opinion and all welcome on here obviously but how can anyone class Halifax as a pub team is beyond me. It's laughably wrong IMO.

Some Notts fans just can't seem to get past this whole 'pub team' / 'no history' thing which you can understand when a club first drops to this level. But surely not now after we saw pub team Barrow, pub team Sutton and pub team Harrogate all impress and all deservedly get promoted since we've been at this level.
    Have you considered the possibility that Glad2BeAPie’s comment could have been tongue in cheek? It does you no favours to be so dismissive.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Just wondering where people think we might be placed now, if we had started the season with a 'proper' right wing back, and also a fit Frank Vincent.
    I could go on to add an ever present Kyle Cameron and Patterson in goal.
    I think all of the above points to the importance of a settled manager/head coach.
    After just having had a look back on the interviews with the Reedtz brothers at the time of IB's appointment, it really shows what an astute pair these brothers really are.
    Quote Originally Posted by applepie2 View Post
    Have you considered the possibility that Glad2BeAPie’s comment could have been tongue in cheek? It does you no favours to be so dismissive.
    Thought it would get a reaction, wink wink

Just wondering where people think we might be placed now, if we had started the season with a 'proper' right wing back, and also a fit Frank Vincent.
    I could go on to add an ever present Kyle Cameron and Patterson in goal.
    I think all of the above points to the importance of a settled manager/head coach.
    After just having had a look back on the interviews with the Reedtz brothers at the time of IB's appointment, it really shows what an astute pair these brothers really are.
    I think the biggest annoyance in our season was Cameron and Rawlinson missing at the same time for those games against Woking and Halifax. I think those late collapses don’t happen with more height and leadership at the back when we started coming under pressure. Still, we appear to have learned from it.

It’s a bit annoying because I think this is comfortably our best team in the three years we’ve been down here, but the league is absurdly strong at the same time. There’s about six teams going at a better PPG than Barrow won the league on that first season - I think our current side wins the title that year by absolutely miles, but so would several others’.

Quote Originally Posted by applepie2 View Post
    I can only go on past history, if he was fishing it's a recent new hobby he's taken up and he's good at it already

Although I'm not even sure he's that glad to be a pie tbh, most ironic username on here

I wouldn't worry about ifs and buts, we haven't reached the halfway point of our season yet.
    Pacesetters rarely cross the line first. We're handily placed.
    Torquay were going to win the title by 30 points last year, Grimsby were ready to be crowned champions until we played them.

I know what you mean NPF but don't think you can position yourself behind the leaders as in races. Think I would prefer to be top at present, with so many good clubs in the chasing pack. I do see us getting stronger though as the season progresses. Fingers crossed with injuries and player recalls.

I know what you mean NPF but don't think you can position yourself behind the leaders as in races. Think I would prefer to be top at present, with so many good clubs in the chasing pack. I do see us getting stronger though as the season progresses. Fingers crossed with injuries and player recalls.
    Personally I’m not too bothered we’re not top at the mo as I think that brings its own pressure, that said though when we go away to Chesterfield we don’t want to go and loose that and be miles behind but it could all look different by then.
    Does look like the champions will probably need over 90 points as there are a few strong sides this season.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Personally I’m not too bothered we’re not top at the mo as I think that brings its own pressure, that said though when we go away to Chesterfield we don’t want to go and loose that and be miles behind but it could all look different by then.
    Does look like the champions will probably need over 90 points as there are a few strong sides this season.
    I reckon there could be 2 or 3 teams that go past 90 points this season.

Sutton and Harrogate are village pub teams and are worthy of contempt

Quote Originally Posted by maddogslater View Post
    Sutton and Harrogate are village pub teams and are worthy of contempt
    ... and a place in the football league. The absolute scoundrels playing good football and getting promoted how dare they?!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast