+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What a lovely squad we have now

What a lovely squad we have now

Nice mix of young home grown and expensive tallent. Ramsey has saved us a bob or two and so does Chucky, both look like the real deal. Buendier lookes like hes starting to blossom. Its hard to think where we need strengthening now. Maybe a centre back to challenge Mings and Konza and a defence midfielder. Cover for cash is a must too. Were not far off being a top 4 side next season. I was sad to see Deano go but i have to say Gerrard is awsome.
    I guess the weak links are Ings but ok as cover for Watkins. Samsung im not sure about yet and if Ramsey luiz or McGinn is out i would want someone decent as covor. How on earth did we get Courtinho! This would never had happened under Deano.
    I never been so optimistic since MON and Lerner took over.
    Just to think what it was like two seasons ago. Nearly went bankrupt and stuck in the championship. I feel blessed right now.

UTV

Listening to Purslow talking after our recent signings, he said its not over! The bench is still a little weak but as you say the 1st team is shaping up nicely. I think like most people, you have forgot Bailey!

Oh yes Bailey i forgot about him. Huge potential

We haven't seen much of Traore either this season, agree with most of what you've said Bong (Ramsay, centre-half cover, RB cover, Buendia's recent form). Sanson is a very good footballer and there is now good competition which we will need if we are to stay the course over a season & compete in Europe.

I feel a bit sorry for Ings to be honest, his movement is excellent and he's good at the one touch stuff, him & Ollie just don't gel but it does give us options up front. Ings should start against sides outside of the top 6 or 7, he's a deadly finisher and with Coutinho & Buendia behind him plus the quality of Digne we will score goals. Ollie starts in the bigger games and pack the midfield, keep it tight then Ings off the bench if we're still in it with 30 left.

We need a midfield general, and I think Trez will be gone by the end of the month.

Don't forget the youth, Chuckie, Barry, Archer!!

What a lovely squad we have now

Sounds like a comment made by Windsor Davies in “It ain’t half hot mom”😆

Lovely boy, lovely boy....😆

Beat me to it TD!

Its starting to shape up isnt it? I think we are some distance from a top 4 squad, but we should be snapping at their heels and mixing it with the top 6 wanabees next season, currently I will take us finishing 10th this year as improvement taking into account changes of personnel, constant interruptions in the flow of the league, and ******** var ! A real blend of proven talent, up coming youth, and the occasional star signing, long may it continue.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)