+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lepowski

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Me and Des' wanted Potter as well Mick. While I supported Darren Moore when in post it genuinely never occurred to me to give him the job initially.

As for Dan Ashworth I've met him twice at supporters evenings. Very intelligent and highly motivated. Got a lot of time for him.
    There were some shouts for Potter from Sweden too… 😎

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    Attachment 20781

Sorry photo rubbish! I blame Hugill and Livermore and Zahore……….

Looking for some hope. Still in play offs,

Best defence in league
    3rd best at home despite playing 1 or 2 less at home than most
    Current form poor, 14th in table over last 8 games
    Away form average, 9th in league but played more than most
    Goals scored poor at 10th in the league

No real surprises but stats, this far into the season, don’t lie. Goal scoring is what it is about in this league

Fulham 64 goals
    Blackburn 44
    Bournemouth 43
    QPR. 38
    Us 31

Over to you Mr Dike and the rest of the team.
    No surprise who the 3 top scorers in the league play for, all 3 teams tend to try and outscore the opposition but concede goals it would be interesting to see what they do if they go up, we don't have the luxury of a top goal scorer so have to try and get results a different way.

Quote Originally Posted by saltnshake View Post
    No surprise who the 3 top scorers in the league play for, all 3 teams tend to try and outscore the opposition but concede goals it would be interesting to see what they do if they go up, we don't have the luxury of a top goal scorer so have to try and get results a different way.

Without a top goal scorer - what other way is there especially when our midfield are static and have no creativity? Please let me know as intrigued!

We have not had a top goal scorer since Gayle left so should the Board be presented with a picture of what one looks like?

Back to the original question

Let’s bloody hope so

Quote Originally Posted by viaductbaggies View Post
    Back to the original question

Let’s bloody hope so
    So as one on his biggest critics who would you bring in to replace him?

Bobby Gould.

Wouldn’t say no to Mowbray but why the hell would he want to leave Blackburn for us!!! They are doing what we are not - playing good entertaining football!

Must admit that I was initially quite pleased about getting Val but as time has worn on have become increasingly disillusioned with him particularly regards his lack of a Plan B.

Managers in any walk of life are ultimately judged by their performance and results and as long as realistic goals are set I cannot see anything wrong in this. Was gaining automatic promotion a realistic goal this season? Given the group of players we had and lack of investment/interest from Lai, no. But this group of players have-and can-perform better and ultimately you pay a manager to achieve this. Val is currently not achieving and has not done so for a while. Who we might attract/afford to replace him is another matter but unless Dike can perform a minor miracle and inspire the others to help him bang in a few goals, I fear our league position will only slip further down.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Wouldn’t say no to Mowbray but why the hell would he want to leave Blackburn for us!!! They are doing what we are not - playing good entertaining football!
    The same manager who walked out on us to join Celtic? I don't see a lot of managers out there that would improve our squad we don't have the players to play football do we want to go back to Bartley, Clarke and O'Shea trying to play out from the back? our squad is just not good enough.

This seems to be a common theme now. Most of us, including myself, were quite happy at the way the side were performing at the start of the season. However, as you say Omegstrat, slowly but surely fans, again including myself, have become disillusioned with the sides performances. The team appear completely lacking in confidence and are looking, in all honesty, poor. If this trend continues we will be nowhere near the play offs. Who is to blame for this? They are the same players so it must be down to the coach and his system of playing.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)