+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lepowski

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    This seems to be a common theme now. Most of us, including myself, were quite happy at the way the side were performing at the start of the season. However, as you say Omegstrat, slowly but surely fans, again including myself, have become disillusioned with the sides performances. The team appear completely lacking in confidence and are looking, in all honesty, poor. If this trend continues we will be nowhere near the play offs. Who is to blame for this? They are the same players so it must be down to the coach and his system of playing.
    So every time we hit a poor run of form we should change the manager? i don't think we are poor just an average champ side that could possibly make the play offs, the decent start hasn't done Val any favours it raised expectations that we could challenge for automatic promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by saltnshake View Post
    So as one on his biggest critics who would you bring in to replace him?
    There’s not a lot out there to choose from but 2 managers that have done surprisingly well on very limited resources are Mark Robins at Coventry and Wayne Rooney at derby

Don’t know if they’d be any good but at least might see some more entertaining football 🤷*♂️

Who knows

Quote Originally Posted by saltnshake View Post
    So every time we hit a poor run of form we should change the manager? i don't think we are poor just an average champ side that could possibly make the play offs, the decent start hasn't done Val any favours it raised expectations that we could challenge for automatic promotion.

Lai must love supporters like you! It’s not just a poor run of form - the football has been shocking for a couple of months. I have not slated Val yet - but not Lai’s fault all these suspensions caused by ill discipline. Livermore and Hugill are consistently poor but we have other options but he’s persisted with them! Why? Is the hope Hugill will turn into a Gayle? What about Tulloch or Clearly? Would they be any worse?

What’s the point of signing Dike with a static midfield and zero creativity? As Mick said - sign Okay and you get promoted or play offs at least!

Blackburn have not got marquee players but they are playing some great stuff! Who cares Mowbray ran off to Celtic!!! I would take Berahino back if he was still better than anything we have now! I hated him too but you have to put emotions aside
    Last edited by baggieal; 17-01-2022 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I remember going back two or three years ago saying that I wanted Graham Potter as manager considering what a marvellous job he’d done managing those whale fishermen.

He ends up doing a great job at Brighton.

Then you look at the fact Dan Ashworth is the one that recruited him! 😢

I still maintain that Ashworth is the biggest loss to our club during the Premier League era, I don’t know how much Brighton pay him but I’d suggest the best value you could get for your money would be to pay him £5m a year to come back.

It’s been a s h I t show in all areas since he left.
    Impossible to disagree with that he was quality
    But he’d never come back to us, think Newcastle are after him

Quote Originally Posted by viaductbaggies View Post
    There’s not a lot out there to choose from but 2 managers that have done surprisingly well on very limited resources are Mark Robins at Coventry and Wayne Rooney at derby

Don’t know if they’d be any good but at least might see some more entertaining football ��*♂️

Who knows
    Agree they have done well but Derby certainly don't play attacking football not sure they came over the half way line against us in either game, and their expectation is relegation so they nothing to lose, Robins has done well although they didn't play well against us not sure he would leave a safe job to come to us no Coventry are back at there home ground having payed compensation for Val i couldn't see us doing it again IMO having brought a striker Val should be given to the end of the season to see where we finish.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Wouldn’t say no to Mowbray but why the hell would he want to leave Blackburn for us!!! They are doing what we are not - playing good entertaining football!
    I’ve said Mowbray on 2 other threads
    Loved the football we played under him, he was passionate and we really can’t blame him for going to Celtic if you know the link he had with them and his wife’s unsuccessful cancer battle

Blackburn are 9-2-1 in the last 12 inc their tanking at Fulham And don’t have any big namers
    I’m guessing he’s figured out defending finally

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieSingh View Post
    I’ve said Mowbray on 2 other threads
    Loved the football we played under him, he was passionate and we really can’t blame him for going to Celtic if you know the link he had with them and his wife’s unsuccessful cancer battle

Blackburn are 9-2-1 in the last 12 inc their tanking at Fulham And don’t have any big namers
    I’m guessing he’s figured out defending finally

Is it too much to be entertained BS? I don’t mind losing but the football has lacked any quality - shocking passes - shocking discipline and same useless garbage playing every game!

I would take Mowbray back like a shot but there’s not one good reason why he would come to us!

I would get shot of Johnstone and use any money to put some quality in midfield!

I’ve been saying it since we had Pulis
    Was my darkest time tbh didn’t really care how we did was awful to watch
    I couldn’t celebrate a win against a lower prem team with 10 blokes behind the ball and 25% possession

Quote Originally Posted by boinggazmic View Post
    According to Chris Lepowski our Val will be sacked as soon as we fall out the play off positions. I don’t know how he knows this but what do you guys(and gals) think .is he talking crap or not.
    I really hope it's true , couldn't see us getting Potter tho , but would be a good choice for us spoke highly of the club & mostly of us fans when they spoke to him before the cup tie last week , seems like a decent man ?

Well I thought the guy was given a couple of seasons to get us up. So once more patience wins the day.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)