+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: New signing....

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Rev, Hope he brings as much joy to your life as Ollie has to mine.
    Thanks mate

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    German - and he supports Leeds United

Was bought up with dogs in the home but when my Gran bought Lucia my trained medical & therapy-guide dog providing stress relief and comfort in difficult situations due to mental health - I only then fully understood how much a dog can transform ones life & in my case gave me the life I'd lost back again.

She's grown but still shy & sensitive & is my guardian angel staying by my side 24/7 at work, rest & play.

So enjoy every moment Rev with Barney, sure bet he'll be a lifestyle changer for you.

These were my first two border collies.

Sadly, both are now gone, but as you can see, they didn't go without a fight (the photographer made the mistake of using a squeaky toy to attract their attention, with hilarious consequences).

They were normally sweet natured girls unless either squirrels or stupid noises were involved (the squeaky toy also looked like a squirrel)...

Name:  $(KGrHqJHJDQE9!E6IbwyBPbN8ezVDw~~_7.JPG
Views: 106
Size:  4.9 KB

Mums dog chases squeaky toys 'David Batty' style for sure & Defo likes a squirrel chase.

Advantage of tiny breed dogs I suppose is that they get to go on bike-rides in style.
    Mums rescue 'mutts' a Yorkshire Terrier/Pomeranian cross rescue dog from Leeds, even got its own pyjamas for nippy coastal nights. Dogs life eh.

You guys bring back memories that I thought I had lost. As soon as I saw this thread and all the animals my brain went into overdrive remembering all my dogs.
    It did bring memories of the sadness I went through when each one passed away. When I trained greyhounds I bought a little lass no one wanted because she was so small and they all said she won't be any good.
    From day one she was like a normal dog playful but gosh she could pick up things fast eg shake hands sit only taught her once.
    I thought shell be my real pet but I still used to take her on walks with the other greyhounds and occasionally I would take her to the track so she can see them run. One day I was at the track giving a couple of them a trial to keep fitness up and brought her with me she must have been 8 months old and could see in her eyes can I have a go.
    Now remember they need to be taught and some take ages to learn so I said to the lure driver she just wants to play can you just play with her a little. Well he couldn't hold the lure back she went after it so fast he was in shock so was I lol
    How old did you say I said 8 months? He shook his head never seeing anything like it. Anyway needless to say she became a racing dog and at the age of 14 months which is very young won her first race which was her first btw.
    Pre-race vet checks all dogs to see if they are ok and as I walked up the ramp for him to check her goes what is she doing. I said she is saying hello with her leg up waiting to be shaken. Vet well I will be damnd never see a greyhound so smart can she run I said yep.
    Anyway race started and she won by streaks beating another dog of mine it was a final and both made it through with a big city trainer having 6 runners to my 2 lol I saw this dude in a white gown running towards me as we were going back I thought WTF it was the vet crying and hugging her. He told me a few months later that my dog changed his outlook on greyhounds and now he treats them like normal dogs
    The day she died in my arms at the vets as at the age of ten she had a stroke was the day I could not bring myself around to getting another one. I stopped training even though I was second in the whole state on trainers list of winners to runner as I won one race from every 3 races my dogs raced.
    I could say when that little dog left me my life turned to S H I T E Parents getting very sick later on me getting sick stroke depression knees losing both cartilages and now my memory going but thanks to you guys brought back some even though sad was good to bring something back.
    Costa from Spain if you read this thank you first, but second as you can see times change people change things change but one thing of notice is how much love each and everyone has with the loyal companion and that love translates to our team.
    Last edited by ozleeds; 18-01-2022 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ozleeds View Post
    You guys bring back memories that I thought I had lost. As soon as I saw this thread and all the animals my brain went into overdrive remembering all my dogs.
    It did bring memories of the sadness I went through when each one passed away. When I trained greyhounds I bought a little lass no one wanted because she was so small and they all said she won't be any good.
    From day one she was like a normal dog playful but gosh she could pick up things fast eg shake hands sit only taught her once.
    I thought shell be my real pet but I still used to take her on walks with the other greyhounds and occasionally I would take her to the track so she can see them run. One day I was at the track giving a couple of them a trial to keep fitness up and brought her with me she must have been 8 months old and could see in her eyes can I have a go.
    Now remember they need to be taught and some take ages to learn so I said to the lure driver she just wants to play can you just play with her a little. Well he couldn't hold the lure back she went after it so fast he was in shock so was I lol
    How old did you say I said 8 months? He shook his head never seeing anything like it. Anyway needless to say she became a racing dog and at the age of 14 months which is very young won her first race which was her first btw.
    Pre-race vet checks all dogs to see if they are ok and as I walked up the ramp for him to check her goes what is she doing. I said she is saying hello with her leg up waiting to be shaken. Vet well I will be damnd never see a greyhound so smart can she run I said yep.
    Anyway race started and she won by streaks beating another dog of mine it was a final and both made it through with a big city trainer having 6 runners to my 2 lol I saw this dude in a white gown running towards me as we were going back I thought WTF it was the vet crying and hugging her. He told me a few months later that my dog changed his outlook on greyhounds and now he treats them like normal dogs
    The day she died in my arms at the vets as at the age of ten she had a stroke was the day I could not bring myself around to getting another one. I stopped training even though I was second in the whole state on trainers list of winners to runner as I won one race from every 3 races my dogs raced.
    I could say when that little dog left me my life turned to S H I T E Parents getting very sick later on me getting sick stroke depression knees losing both cartilages and now my memory going but thanks to you guys brought back some even though sad was good to bring something back.
    Costa from Spain if you read this thank you first, but second as you can see times change people change things change but one thing of notice is how much love each and everyone has with the loyal companion and that love translates to our team.
    Dogs can bring so much joy to people's lives especially in times of difficulty, I know mine have been a lifesaver when things outside the home aren't going so well. Horrible when they go but create great memories and great feelings when they are here.

Name:  verona.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  87.4 KB This is her first start and as you can see she and my other dog. The guy in the middle is my brother worst luck and the young fellow on the right used to come with me to most places

Name:  pete.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  88.4 KB And this is them again winning on the same night

Totty, you would have loved her as her name was Petite I think that's french for small?
    From the pics you can see they had 2 different names lol they were confused as Peter was my English name and Panagiotis my greek name so I used to say have a pick lol
    Last edited by ozleeds; 18-01-2022 at 08:17 PM.

Thanks for sharing Oz - I think I've got some grit in my eye here - I'm sure she loved every minute with you too.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)